Question about MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR (MS-6570-030) Motherboard
I have a Gigabyte motherboard (G31M-S2L) with a primary hard disk containing Windows Vista(Build 6001) SP1. It has plenty of room - it is 680Gig - the processor is an E8500 and i have an Award Bios version 2.4.
One issue i am not sure of is how do I partition /format the secondary hard disk(500Gig Sata 2) given i am thinking of using my spare 2 Windows Xp Pro Setup disks on 2 spare partitions. Or would i use the Paragon Hard Disk Manager program?
What else do I need to have the computer boot to one of the partitions that would be available?
1. Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. In the Navigation pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.
3. Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then click New Simple Volume.
4. In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.
5. Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.
6. Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then click Next.
7. In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following:
• If you don't want to format the volume right now, click Do not format this volume, and then click Next.
• To format the volume with the default settings, click Next.
8. Review your choices, and then click Finish.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2012 | Gigabyte GIGA-BYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Desktop...
Sep 07, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-945GCM-s2C socket LGA775...
Jul 29, 2011 | Gigabyte Computers & Internet
May 27, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L Motherboard
Apr 12, 2011 | Gigabyte Technology, Inc. Realtek High...
Mar 15, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-945GCM-s2C socket LGA775...
Feb 16, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-945GCM-s2C socket LGA775...
Sep 05, 2010 | Intel Motherboard
May 08, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!