I HAVE A KHMS 155LBTO KITCHENAID MICROWAVE HOOD THAT DOES NOT INDICATE POWER EVEN THOUGH IT IS PLUGGED INTO A LIVE RECEPTICALE. I TESTED THE WALL PLUG IN, THERE IS POWER. THE MICROWAVE IS 2 YRS OLD AND IT WAS OFF DUE TO A SNOW STORM AND OUT POWER WAS OUT FOR A LONG TIME. WHERE IS THE RESET BUTTON ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error code F7 from a Ktchenaid oven means that the function key is stuck on ERC. This can be fixed by having the control board (also called ERC or clock) be replaced.You may contact Sears for the replacement part at 1-800-252-1698; M-F 6:30 AM-10:30 PM - Sat 7:00 AM-9:30 PM - Sun 7:30 AM-9:30 PM - All times Central. Just get your model number ready when you call.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Hi, Normally this would indicate that the diode in the power supply for the Magnetron (microwave radiation emitter) has failed. I would recommend that the unit be serviced by a professional in this area, or disposed of because of the following:
1 The power supply for Magnetron Tube the produces thousands of volts and can produce a lethal shock even though the machine is turned off and unplugged. Really, I'm not kidding.
2 Working on a Microwave Oven can expose you to high levels of Radiation which can immediately Damage internal organs.
That said, there is another even better reason. 3 Microwave Ovens are now very inexpensive to replace.
Even though I personally know how to fix them, I can't be bothered.
I hope I have been of help Happy New Year, Best, Mark
I have the same model in my home only mine is black rather than stainless. The problem you are encountering is most likely due to a fuse that has blown internally in the unit. Before having it looked at be sure you have power to the wall outlet that the microwave is plugged into. The outlet is usually in the cabinet above the microwave, simply unplug the microwave and plug a lamp or other appliance to verify it is 'live'. If the outlet is live the repair for the fuse may be a done from the front if you have a bit of patients and basic knowledge of electricity. I would recomment calling a service company to make all repairs on this paticular unit as it can be very tricky. Let me know I can help further.
Most home improvement stores and even some Walmarts/Chain grocery stores/Ace Hardware carry replacements. You will need to remove the cover from the microwave oven on most models unless your bulb is inside a protective cover inside the actual oven. Take the bulb with you when you go to make certain of a proper match. Be certain to unplug the oven if you need to remove the cover in any case.