Question about Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Sounds like a keypad problem. A bad keypad may be worn out due to age, damaged, or it may have gotten wet or otherwise contaminated. Moisture and contamination can be caused by not using the fan when boiling on the stove top (for over the range models), direct spraying of cleaners, by storing the microwave in an unheated garage or shed, or infestation. I warn my customers to never spray cleaner directly onto the microwave keypad, since the liquid can get inside and "lock up" or even ruin the keypad or controller. Apply an alcohol-based cleaner (such as the purple kind) to a cloth (since paper towels can scratch) and gently wipe it off. I suggest to my customers that they NEVER use any ammonia-based cleaner (like the blue stuff) on a microwave, since the ammonia will crack and distort polycarbonate plastics. If you think you or a friend may want to take a look, please reply here and I can follow up with more targeted information.
Posted on May 25, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2012 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven
Sep 24, 2011 | Daewoo KOC-925T Microwave Oven
Mar 01, 2011 | Emerson MW8107WA Microwave Oven
Jan 23, 2011 | Cuisinart CMW-100 Microwave Oven
Jul 31, 2010 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Nov 08, 2009 | Hotpoint RVM1635 Microwave Oven
Sep 08, 2009 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
Jun 22, 2009 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
Jul 16, 2014 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!