Question about KitchenAid KAWS850L Top Load Washer
Have a necklace at the bottom and can't get it out without removing the entire agitator, how do I do this?
Withte palm of your hand youllneed to remove the fabric softener dispensor(a solid bump) will dislodge it, after that youlll gain acess to the center shaft of agitaotr, remove small white cover and underr youll see a 7/16 bolt head, remove the bolt and the agitaotr will pulll right up and then reinstall the same way
Posted on Jan 06, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2014 | GE Spacemaker WSLP1100D Top Load Washer
2) Pull the inner cap (if present) off - many Whirlpool machines use this inner cap, with a handle, to gain access to the center bolt
3) Remove the bolt in the center of the agitator (earlier models used a 7/16" hex-head steel bolt)
On older models, grasp the bottom portion of the agitator and pull the entire assembly out of the washer. (Some recent models allow just the top portion's removal to access these 'dogs')
5) Older models - place the agitator on the floor, and, standing carefully on the bottom portion, pull the top half off. Turn it over, and the dogs will be accessible for replacement.
6) Newer model dogs can be replaced once just the ratchet ***'y is removed. There are several versions currently in use, but most can be replaced without removing the bottom agitator half. All '4-dog' versions use the 285770 (or #80040) kit, regardless of the cam ***'y style. (Really old agitators, rarely seen now, used a pair of 2 larger dogs, which are a different part number)
7) On older versions, be careful to align the two tabs when inserting the upper ***'y back onto the agitator bottom half. When these are aligned, they will friction-fit the two halves together, making it easier to reinstall the ***'y. Handle it only by the bottom half to prevent pulling the top half off when reinstalling.
8) Lightly lubricate the agitator cap's rubber gasket using a bit of dishwasher detergent, and push it back into place. (On the Whirlpools with an inner cap, lube that cap's o-ring too - makes it easier to snap into place)
Apr 18, 2011 | Kenmore 24042 Top Load Washer
Feb 23, 2011 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jan 27, 2011 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
Jun 25, 2009 | Washing Machines
Feb 03, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Jan 26, 2009 | KitchenAid KAWS750L Top Load Washer
Dec 31, 2008 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Oct 18, 2008 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
Jun 23, 2008 | Roper RAS6233KQ Top Load Washer
138 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!