Question about Washing Machines
Tip it up and support with wood.
Remove the 2 Torx bit screws to access the pump.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2015 | Samsung WF448AAP Front Load Washer
Apr 02, 2013 | Kenmore 15864/15862 Top Load Washer
Apr 01, 2013 | Frigidaire FAFW3801LW Front Load Washer...
Mar 24, 2013 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF7000E Front Load...
Hello Tony - Often when a unit does not spin it is because the unit cannot properly drain and dispose of the water and detergent solution. Does the drain pump make a humming noise? If so, there may be a restriction in the drain line or siphoning. Otherwise since it is such a complex unit I would recommend contacting a professional to have either the pump or timer diagnose. Also you might want to clean out the coin trap, filter trap, of the unit for extra security. This needs to be completed about every 6 months to prevent any issues.
1. Unplug the unit.
2. Tilt the unit up to where the front feet are in the air and the back feet are still on the ground. Please make sure the unit is propped up safely.
3. Now that the unit is propped up look inside on the bottom right hand side there is a black looking accordion thing. This is the coin trap.
4. Clean the drum out with as much water as possible and have towels ready. The next step you will have the remaining water come out.
5. At the top of the coin trap where it is attached to the drum is a silver spring with a silver screw. Loosen the screw and wiggle the coin trap down from the drum.
6. Reach inside the coin trap and clean what is inside of it out.
7. Put the unit back together following the same steps backwards
Sep 26, 2012 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF7000E Front Load...
Apr 08, 2010 | Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
Feb 12, 2010 | Frigidaire GLTF2940E Gallery 3.5 Cu. Ft....
Feb 07, 2010 | Kenmore 44102 Front Load Washer
May 27, 2009 | LG WM2077CW Laundry XL Front Load...
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!