An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Can't Reset clock on deck
The manual has your solutions, and is available here:
You may have to go in from the main site (www.clarion.com) to reach this pdf file.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are three main wires that control the power of any deck. They are as follows:
Bat+(12v) -RED- This is the main power wire. There is no mistaking this wire
Ground -Black- ground wire that is usually connected to the frame.
Constant -Yellow - This is the wire that provides a constant low voltage to the deck when the ignition is turned off. This is the wire that maintains certain functions such as last position on CD and also for the clock to maintain the correct time.
The constant wire is the one you are looking for. The best way to find the constant wire is to take a test light and probe till you find it, when you are doing this make sure that the ignition is off. In this state only the constant wire will set off the test light. Good Luck and let me know if you need any more help
Setting the Clock
1) Press and hold in the BAND button  then press the DISP button  to toggle the display to the clock mode.
2) Press and hold in the BAND button  then press and hold in the DISP button  for at least 2 seconds.
3) Select left or right to adjust the time using the a-selector
Each time you select right >> using the a-selector , the minutes increment up by one digit (0 to 59).
Each time you select left << using the a-selector , the hours increment up by one digit (1 to 12).
*The clock only displays time in a 12-hour format.
There is no way to toggle the clock to a 24-hour format.
4) Press the BAND button  to set the clock into memory. This also resets the seconds counter to zero.
*The clock can only be set by turning power on to the unit and switching to the clock display mode. You cannot set the clock when it is displayed with only the igntion on. If you drain or remove the car's battery, the clock must be reset. While setting the clock, if another button or operation is selected, the clock set mode is canceled.
1) Press and hold the [BND] button, and then
press the [DISP] button to display the clock
2) Press and hold the [BND] button, and then
press the [DISP] button for 2 seconds or
3) Press the [d] button, then set the current
4) Press the [a] button, then set the current
5) Press the [BND] button, then the clock is set.
Just go to the website and click on the 'download manual' link on the right side. Here is the page on Clarion USA, for your cd player. http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2005/audio/source_units/cd/DXZ555MP/us-en-product-pf_1133851137392.html There you can download your owners or installation manual in PDF for free. Nice to deal with a company like them isn't it?
Automotive radio is not really my fortay but this problem is fairly simple so here goes:
1. Press and hold the BND button and then press the DISP button to display the clock.
2. Press and hold the BND button and then press the DISP button for a couple seconds or longer to put it in set mode.
3. Press the search up button to set the current minute
4. Press the search down button to set the current hour
5. when finished press the BND button again and the clock is set...
If you would like the manual you can email me privately and I'll be glad to send it...
I forget about the security light but I do know about the clock. I believe you turn the deck off and hold display or push display and the clock will come up. Then use the preset buttons for adjustment. I think 1/2 is for the hour and 3/4 are for the minute. It has been a while for me doing this but I think it is right. I just powered mine back up a while back and am trying to find my starting cd. You wouldn't happen to know how to reset this function and start over?