Just bought a brand new advent laptop, after 1 week it just turned itself off and will not turn back on, the light to indicate the charger is plugged in isn't shown, the fan seems to smell a bit odd, has the fan died or what's happened? please help!!!!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Laptop has turned itselff off- wont turn back on
If it's brand new, before doing anything to the computer which might void your warranty, I would call the manufacturer's support.
Youd could get lucky, It might be something simple.
If not get back to me and I'll do my best to help
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Connect the AC power adapter to the laptop and confirm that the AC power indicator is on (I wish you stated the brand of laptop). If the AC power indicator is not on, try and get a working AC power adapter for your laptop and connect it to your laptop.
With the AC power adapter connected, you can power on your laptop. If the laptop powers on from the OS you can see if the Battery is charging or not. If the laptop does not power with the AC power adapter connected, then the power port of the laptop is bad.
However, if all these are okay and the battery still does not charge, the battery is faulty and will need to be replaced.
Symptoms of a broken power jack 1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker. 2. Battery will not charge in the laptop. 3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery. 4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead. No power LED or battery charge LED activity. 5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
Im very sorry to hear that, please follow these simple steps for you to be able to isolate the exact problem.
1. Removed the battery.
2. Connect the laptop directly to the power outlet without using the battery just for the meantime.
3. Turn on the laptop. If the laptop is able to power on, that means that the AC adapter is working fine as well as the DC port. If the laptop is not able to turn on, it maybe the AC adapter itself or the DC port.
4. Try to use another AC adapter if possible, make sure that that AC adapter is working fine. If the laptop is still not turning on, the problem is with the DC port itself. In that case, you will need to replaced the Motherboard itself.
Hope this will help...Your response is very much appreciated...
1) That red spot means that a pixel is stuck, actually it's very common on LCDs.
2 and 3) It usually occurs for a manufacturing issue.
4) The most of the time it doesn't mean that the whole screen is going to fail, but in my case I would take advantage of the warranty if the laptop is brand new and the warranty is still there.