Question about Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM, USB 2.0, eSATA, External 500 GB Hard Drive
New Seagate drive on a Mac G5
First of all Hello John :)
The new seagate drive you got needs to be unpartitioned and its file format system needs to be deleted and changed.
NB: You will lose all your data so make sure that you copy everything useful off it before you do these steps.
1. Get hold of a windows PC and right click on my computer
2. Choose manage ... choose disk management right click on the drive and delete the partition type
3. delete again until it comes unpartitioned space
4. Then go to your mac and you should be able to format it as a regular Mac drive.
5. If the Windows PC is inaccessible. Get hold of a copy of Linux UBUNTU distro. Boot your MAC from CD choose to boot os from CD (don't worry it will install nothring on your MAC it will just use the CD but make sure you choose the right option)
6. Keep your hard drive attached so it gets detected during bootup. Once the UBUNTU OS boots choose GParted and from there do the same thing i explained above.
Hope that this was of help :)
(please take some time to rate solution)
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2011 | Seagate Computers & Internet
Jun 24, 2010 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM,...
Dec 02, 2009 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM,...
Nov 21, 2009 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM,...
Jun 20, 2009 | Seagate DB35 (ST3250823ACE) 250 GB Hard...
May 22, 2009 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM,...
Jan 24, 2009 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro Desktop - 320GB -...
Dec 24, 2008 | Seagate FreeAgent Go 250 GB USB 2.0 Hard...
Dec 16, 2008 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro Desktop - 320GB -...
Oct 17, 2007 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM,...
2,113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: