Question about Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel Bagged Upright Vacuum
Replacing the belt on a Hoover Runabout Vacuum. I got the bottom guard off, and removed the roller brush, but can't see how to access the inner part of the machine to put a new belt around the drive shaft.
I found this on another site and it worked for me. RonL
Looking at the brush, remove the two screws from the black plate holding the brush. There are two clips that holds this plate once you remove the screws. This should be easy to remove with a flat type screw driver. Now is the tricky part to remove the top cover of the vacuum so you can access the compartment to put the belt on. The whole top part of this vacuum comes off. If you look above the part where black plate was, there are two more clips on the top left and top right hand corner. These two hold one end of the top cover. It is not as simple as pushing the clip to one end to slide out. You have to find a gap between the edge of top cover and bottom structure(right next to each clip) and shove the flat screw driver in and push the top cover away from the bottom structure and push down the top cover. You will notice that there are invisible hinges between the two which locks in the top cover.
Do the same procedure for the bottom right and left edges(right next to each end of the brush) of the vacuum and separate the two(bottom structure and top cover) out using the flat type screw driver..
Posted on Feb 02, 2009
What size belt does the hoover runabout uses?
Posted on Jun 12, 2009
I have the same vacuum that has been broke for awhile and I had to lay vacuum flat and release the pedal and it comes right off. The belt size is, 385226-033
Posted on Mar 26, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
1. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over so bottom side is up.
2. To remove bottom plate, insert end of flat screwdriver into wide area of right-hand slot and push handle of screwdriver to the rear.Repeat in left-hand slot.
3. Lift extension of bottom plate, rotate plate and remove from cleaner body.
4. Remove agitator and broken agitator belt.
5. Slip agitator through new belt. (With lettering toward outside of cleaner) and position belt in belt guide. Push end of belt into opening in cleaner body. Reposition agitator making sure to align flat sides of projection on belt end of agitator with flat sides of slot in cleaner body.
6. Place the three tabs on bottom plate into slots in front of cleaner body. Snap bottom plate into place over agitator.
7. Remove hood by turning cleaner over and removing nozzle control knob on front of hood -- grasp knob and pull up.
8. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over. Insert end of flat screwdriver into one of the four slots beside an arrow on bottom of cleaner.
9. For slots nearest the rear wheels, push handle of screwdriver toward cleaner handle; for remaining two slots, pry outward to release latches.
I0. Turn cleaner over and lift off hood.
Il. Stretch new belt onto motor pulley.
Extra effort may be required to stretch new belt onto pulley.
Turn agitator, making sure the belt is not pinched between agitator and cleaner body. The belt must rotate freely inside the belt guide. If agitator does not turn, remove bottom plate and reposition belt in belt guide.
Jun 28, 2014 | Hoover Runabout U50-940 Bagged Upright...
May 17, 2014 | Hoover Runabout U50-940 Bagged Upright...
Mar 22, 2012 | Hoover Vacuums
Mar 21, 2010 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
Jan 22, 2010 | Hoover Runabout U50-940 Bagged Upright...
Dec 08, 2009 | Vacuums
Jul 01, 2008 | Hoover Elite U5061-900 Bagged Upright...
Sep 07, 2007 | Vacuums
Jun 30, 2014 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
4,067 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!