Question about Computers & Internet
SOCKS is an Internet protocol that facilitates the routing of network packets between client-server applications via a proxy server. SOCKS performs at Layer 5 of the OSI model - the Session Layer (an intermediate layer between the presentation layer and the transport layer).
Clients behind a firewall may connect to a SOCKS proxy server in order to access external services through the firewall. Such a proxy server controls the eligibility of the client to access the external server and, if the client has eligibility, passes the request on to the server. SOCKS can also be used in the opposite way, allowing the clients outside the firewall ("exterior clients") to connect to servers inside the firewall (internal servers).
* Kernel SOCKS Bouncer ksb26 (Kernel Socks Bouncer) is a Linux Kernel 2.6.x Loadable Kernel Module that redirects TCP connection (to user-defined target hosts) through socks 4/5 chains.
* SS5 Socks Server is an open-source SOCKS4/SOCKS5 server.
* Dante is an open-source SOCKS4/SOCKS5 implementation with commercial support developed by Inferno Nettverk A/S.
* OpenSSH allows dynamic creation of tunnels, specified via a subset of the SOCKS protocol, supporting the CONNECT command.
* WinSocks is a light-weight SOCKS4/SOCKS5 server developed by Proxy Labs.
* SOcat Multipurpose relay (SOcket CAT): includes socks4, and socks4a functionality (Linux / Mac)
* FreeCap Socksifyer for Windows, any App can run its network traffic transparently via a SOCKS or HTTP proxy.
* Simple Socks Server for Perl - SSS is a Simple SOCKS Server written in perl that implements the SOCKS v5 protocol.
* Sun Java System Web Proxy Server is a caching proxy server running on Solaris, Linux and Windows servers that supports HTtp://S, NSAPI I/O filters, dynamic reconfiguration, SOCKSv5 and reverse proxy.
* BarracudaDrive Web Server - commercial SOCKS HTTP HTTPS tunnel/server, available for Windows, embedded Linux and Mac OS X (PowerPC)
* DeleGate is a multi-purpose application level gateway and proxy server which runs on multiple platforms. Beside SOCKS it also supports HTTP(S), FTP, NNTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, LDAP, Telnet, DNS and many more.
Posted on May 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 26, 2016 | Lewis N. Clark Compression Flight Socks
Jul 11, 2015 | Mediven Assure by Medi 20-30 Open Toe Calf...
Mar 16, 2013 | Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
Oct 11, 2009 | 1987 Ford Mustang
Aug 24, 2009 | Eureka 4700A Maxima Bagless Upright Vacuum
May 12, 2009 | Kenmore 46462 Front Load Washer
488 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!