You are receiving this error message because there is a paper jam or the
top (photo) tray is not securely in position and the printer cannot
initialize. This error message can appear for an ESP 7, ESP 9, ESP 7250,
or ESP 9250 all-in-one printer.
To resolve a paper jam, we have an easy Step-by-Step Solutions and Repair
tool. Within the tool, select All-in-one printer
, then Paper jam
When you clear the paper jam:
- Make sure you open the paper output tray and inspect the top tray
for photo paper that could be jammed inside or that remains in the nip
at the entrance.
- Pull out the bottom paper tray and clear any paper jams.
- Remove the duplexer from the back of the printer and clear any paper jam.
NOTE: Curled photo paper could induce a paper jam. To prevent curling:
- Store un-printed paper in a tightly closed plastic bag or in its original packaging.
- Store sealed packages of paper flat, and not on
- When you are ready to print, take only the paper intend to use immediately.
To remove curl in photo paper:
- Place the paper in a plastic bag or in its original packaging.
- Gently bend the paper in the opposite direction of the curl, then insert it into a tube-a paper towel tube works well.
NOTE: The tube should be larger than 1.5 in. (4 cm) in diameter.
- After a few minutes, remove the paper from the tube.
- Remove the paper from the plastic bag or packaging.
- Verify that the curl has been removed from the paper. Repeat the steps above if necessary.
the top paper tray is not securely in position and the printer cannot
initialize (you may hear a grinding noise, and the top paper tray will
not open), contact Kodak