- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Critical battery switches off the wireless network card to
preserve power. Motherboard seems to log this status but when re-connecting to
mains power the card does not receive power again. Uninstalling the driver and
getting Windows to re-install automatically upon re-boot does not work.
Charge up the battery whilst the computer is running. You
can charge it to a substantial level, say, above 25%. Disconnect mains power so
that your laptop is running on battery only. Set your wireless switch to OFF
(this is usually to the left position, away from the orange indicator). Now run
your computer down to the critical battery level again (perhaps overnight). In
the morning when you press the power button, the 'CHARGE' indicator (looks like
a lightning bolt) on the front of the laptop should flash quickly, indicating
that there is no charge in the battery. Remove the battery from the laptop's
underside. Wait a couple of seconds, then press and hold the power button for 30
seconds. Keeping the battery off the laptop, reconnect mains power. Boot up your
PC. When at the Windows desktop and all your startup programs have finished
loading, switch your wireless on (to the right position). You should now have a
blue light, and wireless should once again be working. You can now re-insert
your battery. You might have to setup your wireless network connection again as
mine seemed to be 'lost', but at least hopefully the main problem is now fixed
The three flashing lights indicate the battery is dead. Since it still wont power up with the cable plugged in I'd say the port has gone. Try wiggling the adapter about in the port to see if it begins to charge. If not then you would need to take it to a laptop repair centre to get a new dc port soldered on or buy a docking station.
This sounds like a battery problem. The best way to test this is to remove the battery and then power the laptop up with just the power cord plugged in but no battery. If the computer boots then the battery is bad you will need a replacement. Also try letting the battery charge for a day. Be sure that the charging light is coming on when you have it plugged in.
Ok the lightning bolt is your power indicator: solid green-charging, Flashing green-fully charged, flashing red-low battery, flashing red three times the once green-bad battery. the "trash can" looking one is your hard drive activity indicator it will flash while your hard drive is reading and writing.