Question about Whirlpool WTW4800XQ Washer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Ok folks to change the lid switch on these and many top loading Whirlpool, Maytag, Kenmore, etc is quite easy.
Steps to replace the lid switch:
1. Remove unit from AC.
2. Remove the loading door from the unit, or using some duct tape tape it closed.
3. Using a small flat bladed screwdriver find the 2 release catches on the front of the unit between the top cover and front panel. These are just snap claps to hold the top cover down. To release the top you will need to compress the latch using the screwdriver. Start with one side, then the other. Once you have released both clips the lid will lift up just like the hood of your car.
4. You will now be able to remove the lid switch from the unit.
5. Install the new switch and close the hood of the unit.
6. Test the repair by running the unit though a complete cycle.
A great place to order the replacement part for the unit is:
They ship same day on orders placed before 3pm EST. Overnight shipping is available, however I usually opt for the 2-3 day ground shipping and save the money.
If this switch replacement does not take care of the problem, you might need to replace the control board located under the front panel. This replacement is also very easy and takes about 10 min from start to finish.
Hope this helps everyone. Cheers,
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
SOURCE: Blinking light cycle won't start
sounds as if you have a bad door latch assy, the unit is not recognizing the door closed, so when the button depressed probly only beeps 3 times at you. check the lock/latch for an obvious broken part
Posted on Nov 20, 2008
make sure the water inlet valve to the machine where the hoses hook up is in good working order. if you don't get water in the machine will lock you out.
Posted on Oct 16, 2009
Testimonial: "this seems like helpful advice on the surface, but after looking up the error code I'm receiving it is something to do with the motor rotor sensor..."
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2016 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Oct 24, 2014 | Washing Machines
Jul 27, 2014 | Whirlpool WTW8200YW 4.6 cu. ft. Cabrio...
Apr 28, 2013 | Whirlpool WTW4950XW Washer
Apr 17, 2013 | Whirlpool WTW4950XW Washer
Apr 10, 2013 | Washing Machines
Apr 08, 2013 | Washing Machines
Apr 05, 2013 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Feb 09, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
87 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: