Question about HP Photosmart C410a Premium Fax Wireless E-all-in-one cq521ab1h
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
With reference to Expert Burti, he has given the solution to your problem.
"Just got off the phone to HP and the issue is resolved *phew*. This waswhat I was told to do for my C5180. First they told me to do a powerdrain. This is done by pulling out the power cable and then holding theon/off button for a minute, then putting the power cable back in (this didn't work).
Then we did a master reset. Unplug the printer, then pressing the help and ok buttons simultaneously plug it back in. This sorted it. :
Have to say it looked like this whole process used up shed loads ofink, so by the time I had finished I needed to replace 3 cartridges!
HP were pretty good and were very willing to send out a new printer if the reset didn't work (as the printer is still in warrenty). Hope you get yours sorted too."
With thanks from expert Burti.
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
SOURCE: Ink System Failure
1) With the printer On, make sure you have new cartridges installed ready to initialize. Replace as necessary.
2) Press and hold the <OK> and <Cancel> [or <X> if you do not have Cancel] buttons down at the same time and turn the printer off with the power button.
3) Keep holding the buttons down until the printer turns off.
4) While pressing the <OK> and <Cancel> buttons, turn the unit back on. It should cycle a bit then turn itself off again.
6) Press the <Power> button to turn the printer back On.
7) The printer will reinitialize the ink cartridges. Do not disturb this process. After completion (approx. 5 minutes), it should be ready to print.
Posted on Jan 07, 2010
Follow steps below to reset Hewlett-Packard (HP) All-in-one Printers (products with keypads only). Resetting your printer will reset your printer to its original state.
For products with keypads on the control panel:
1. Without turning the unit off, unplug the power cord from the back of the product.
2. Press and hold “# and 6′ keys.
3. While holding those keys plug the power cord back in.
4. Wait until the screen goes blank before you release those keys.
5. Follow on printer screen instructions.
For Box-type models:
1. Unplug the power cord from the printer.
2. Wait for 30 seconds.
3. Plug the power cable back in the printer and turn it on.
Posted on Jul 09, 2010
SOURCE: Hp Photosmart Premium C309A INK
When errors like this occurs, it is advised to reset the printer first before any other step(s) is taken;
Press *(star) and # (hash) together on the printer and let go.
Key 1 then2 then3
Press the right arrow key until the on screen menu shows System Configuration
Press right arrow key until failure status is displayed
Keep pressing cancel till you get back to the main menu then
Unplug from power for 1 minute then plug back in
Power back on.
Reset the system by holding down the OK, Cancel, Black, and Color buttons down at the same time and turn the 3310 off. Keep holding the buttons down until the printer shuts off and the turn it back on. You will have to turn the printer off twice and then it will recalibrate.
If after resetting, the error still appears, the it means the print-head assembly or white pump gear in the printer needs to be replaced. But if your printer is still under warranty , replacement will be for free by HP.
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
Try resetting the printer a second time. If you have done this step, unfortunately, you either need a replacement print head or the printer needs service.
Print heads are not returnable if a new one doesn't solve the problem.
You can order a replacement print head either by phone or by entering your printer's model and serial numbers here: http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Default.aspx?mscssid=7E679E4B5EF640FF85D318BA520F8C9A .
I wish that I had better news.
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2011 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Jun 02, 2011 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Mar 22, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 15, 2011 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Sep 21, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 09, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6380 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 07, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 24, 2016 | HP Computers & Internet
97 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: