Question about NetGear N300 Wireless Router
I would call the professional and have him replace/repair it for starters. There is obviously something wrong with the hardware or the connection of your Internet Provider, ether way the install should test the connection and stand behind his installation. If you paid this guy demand, politely but firmly of course, to repair it. 2DAYS OLD, I would be livid. By the way I do the exact same thing as your professional.
Posted on Nov 09, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
when im on a site with a video/music the connection drops, takes time to load ..then rebuffers can any one help
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
Restart your Printer so that it can Look for the Connection again, if you havent done this already.
If this doesnt assist in the problem, please give me the complete Model Number for your printer so i can find the solution
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
SOURCE: No lights on except power light.
The firmware has been messed up. DDWRT might be incompatible with your router. I would highly recommend to reload the factory firmware or the latest firmware from Netgear's website. Loading 3rd party firmware will void the warranty of your device.
Posted on May 09, 2009
1. Please verify the model and version of the router underneath it.
2. Go to http://kbserver.NETGEAR.com/downloads_support.asp and select the model of the router.
3. Please click on the appropriate version of the router.
4. Select the link of the latest firmware. Please click on the button Right-click and Save to Download.
5. Save the file to the Desktop.
Note: Please perform firmware upgrade with wired or Ethernet connection only. Before you upgrade, write down all current settings as you need to enter them manually after upgrading.
6. Using the computer hardwired on the router, open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
7. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
8. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
9. Click on Maintenance and then Router Upgrade.
10. Click Browse and locate the upgrade file in your Desktop. Click Upload.
11. Please wait for the router to reboot.
12. Reset the router.
a. Please push the reset button at the back of the router and release after 30 seconds.
b. Unplug the power adapter for 10 seconds and then please plug it back in.
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
I am having exactly the same problem. It occurred on Sunday 17th. I have phoned Optus who seem unable to work out what has happened. It will work wirelessly but not recognise it when set up via ethernet cable.
Posted on Jan 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2013 | Zyxel Computers & Internet
Apr 03, 2017 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Mar 24, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 29, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 21, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
Aug 15, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Apr 12, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 19, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: