Question about MSI Wireless-G RG54G3 Router
I want to encrypt my MSI RG54G3 wireless router. It has been installed and is working fine but it isn't encripted.
Hi, I will lend a hand if I can.
There are four basic steps to set up wireless security:
1) Login to your router
2) Change the router login password/username
3) Change the network name, or SSID
4) Enable WPA encryption
As you only want encryption, I will go straight to step 4. The following is based on the manual for the MSI RG54G3.
Here are the details:
1. Login to your router.
2. Go to Setup> Wireless.
3. Select WPA-PSK - strictly speaking the correct option depends on your wireless adapter. However, this is usually a good choice to start with. You may see one or more new options pop up. Select ASCII if necessary.
4. Under ‘Pre-Share Key’ you should enter a long password, or passphrase, between 8 and 63 letters/numbers long. This can be any series of letters/ numbers, or you can use a phrase with numbers ( eg - 456HappynEWYeartoyou8899). It is case sensitive.
5. Note down the ‘Pre-share key’, also called the network key, carefully. You will need this to connect wirelessly. (The network key may also be called a WPA shared key, PSK, pre-shared key, passphrase, authentication key). Click ‘Save’ when finished.
When you next attempt to connect wirelessly, you are asked for the network key you've just set up. If all goes well, you can then save this and will connect automatically in future.
Hope this helps, but if it is not clear or doesn't work, please come back to Fixya. Good luck.
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 22, 2010 | MSI Wireless-G RG54G3 Router
Jan 25, 2010 | MSI Wireless-G RG54G3 Router
Dec 31, 2009 | MSI Wireless-G RG54G3 Router
Dec 01, 2009 | MSI Wireless-G RG54G3 Router
Sep 08, 2009 | MSI Wireless-G RG54G3 Router
Feb 26, 2009 | MSI Wireless-G RG54G3 Router
Jul 08, 2008 | MSI Wireless-G RG54G3 Router
Dec 09, 2007 | MSI Wireless-G RG54G3 Router
473 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: