- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most likely there are two wires a + and - power wires. If you strip the broken ends of the wires on the plug and the end of the broken cable then you can solder the broken ends of the wire together. make sure the colors of the wires match and the wires are insulated so they do not short against each other.
If you cannot DIY or a friend that can help the putchase another power adapter. If you wire the plug incorrectly the you could damage your laptop and which will cost a great deal more than the power adapter.
The laptop probably isn't charging. Could be a bad d/c connector on the laptop or the battery is bad. Remove the battery and plug in the a/c adapter and see if it powers on. Wiggle the a/c plug in gently while pressing the power button on the laptop. It powers on and off briefly then I'd say it's the d/c jack on the laptop, bad sodder joint.
was the battery working before ur dog helped u out...
remove the power cord and check how long ur battery can hold on till it dies down...when ur notbook is ON
if it holds for more than 10 mins then the battery will charge if the power cord gives it enough power to charge, else u may have a power adaptor that gives enough for notebook to work but not enough for the battery to charge at the same time....
u may have to change both the adaptor and battery....or else change the dog...ha ha ha...
u r the best judge....ask the dog to do some work on it may be......
It’s either the plug on the AC adaptor (might have a broken wire) or the laptop’s input jack that the adaptor plugs into. The input power jack is soldered onto the motherboard. Could also be a problem with the charging circuit on the motherboard (would need to replace motherboard to fix). Your responses are intended to improve the level of service provided. Please show your appreciation by rating your experience. Thank You.
Do you know if the other battery you tried had any charge in it?
If the battery was charged then it will not be a power jack or adaptor problem. As far as changing power jacks it is not for the faint of heart. I have done several with success on them all but it is not easy. If you are comfortable with opening the laptop go ahead and check all the connections on the inside. Sounds like a motherboard problem
The three likeliest candidates are battery, A/C adaptor and laptop power socket.
Battery ? Batteries typically last between 1.5 to 4 years, depending on design and use. They are not safely repairable by users or most computer shops despite what you may read. If you remove the battery from the laptop and can run just off the A/C adaptor then the battery is probably the cause. The next test would be to use the battery in another laptop to see if the same problem occurs there. If it does then the battery is defective and needs to be replaced. If the battery does work then it?s likely the charging circuitry in the laptop itself is defective.
A/C adaptor - Even though the green LED on the adaptor is on it can still be the cause of your problem. Inspect the cord, especially the jack that plugs into the laptop. The jack typically takes a lot of abuse and it?s common for the cord to be damaged at the base of the laptop jack itself. Often the damage isn?t visible; however, wiggling the wire at the base of the jack can cause the laptop charging LED to come on and off. The only way to truly test the adaptor is to measure the voltage coming out of the jack under a load. The last part is very important; simply measuring the voltage with a meter does not accurately test the adaptor. An easier alternative if you have the option is plugging a working adaptor into your laptop.
Laptop power socket - Most times when the power socket in the laptop goes it?s due to a broken solder joint or a broken socket. Inserting the A/C adaptor jack in the socket and wiggling it back and forth can often cause the charging LED on the laptop to turn on and off. If that happens then the socket or the board it connects to needs to be replaced. That requires a major disassembly and is usually beyond the typical user.
Let us know if you have any more questions and please don?t forget to rate this posting.