- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Whoa! You've got a lot of apples and oranges mixed in here. It sounds like you are talking about your cellphone?. So do you already have internet access on that unit? You didn't say. If you don't, then you need to get a data plan from your carrier if the phone will do data. All smartphones will.
If you have a computer, then depending on exactly where you live you can get high speed cable internet, DSL from the phone company, or wireless from AT&T, Sprint, and most cell carriers.
Once you are on-line, just open your browser, go to Gmail.com and sign in. There are no phone numbers involved...that's a holdover from the dial-up days. This also applies to tablets that can accept a data plan. Most of them come with a gmail app that will take you right there if your phone/tablet has a data plan.
You can't use your cellphone to 'dial-up' an internet connection like we used to do with modems. That's not how these devices work. Dial-up still exists and for some that's the only option, but for that you need a regular computer with a modem. Plus it's slow as molasses.
1. Go at A11W UI by set in the URL of your browser the address 192.168.169.1
2. Go at the Login > Admin > Settings
3. At the end of page press the Export Button. Now, a file with name RT2880_Settings.dat will be saved in you hard disk.
4. Open the .dat file with notepad program.
5. Search for lines "CountryRegion" and below "CountryRegionBand". After symbol "=" delete the value (ATTENTION, lines to be remaining one below the other). Save file and close.
6. Repeat steps 1 & 2 above
7. Below button Export select button Select File. Press and select the .dat file tha you save before.
8. Press Button import. The .dat file will be load your new settings and A11W will restart.
9. You can use after any supported SIM card around world.
If you still have the box it came in, it would be listed on the side. You can also contact your provider and see if they keep that on record. You can also report it to them as being lost, however that doesn't prevent someone else from using it. Other than that, there maybe no way of getting it.
The Fax Switch
The Fax Switch feature allows you to have two telephone numbers on one incoming line.
There is one telephone number for the line and another telephone number for a Fax Switch peripheral (e.g. fax machine).
To use the Fax Switch, you must subscribe to your telephone company for Distinctive Ringing†. The telephone company will then provide you with an additional telephone number (for your Fax Switch peripheral) which will have a slightly different ring. The 9516 will use the two ring types to determine whether an incoming call is for the telephone or the peripheral. The peripheral should be set to answer after three or more rings.
Note: If Long Distance Ringing† is available in your area, long distance calls will be sent to the Fax Switch peripheral. Also, you cannot use the Fax Switch feature and the Special Greeting feature at the same time. The 9516 must be configured so the Fax Switch peripheral is connected to pins 3 and 4 of jack number 2. See Connecting an optional fax machine or modem on
page 4 for more information.
Note: If you subscribe to your telephone company for Call Waiting services, your Fax Switch peripheral may lose data or get disconnected if someone calls while your fax is receiving data. We recommend that you do not subscribe to the Call Waiting service from your telephone company if you are using the Fax Switch feature.