Question about Video Game Consoles & Games
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Xbox 360 freezes with HDD
Your X box needs to clean most important the fan,below an instruction how to open...
1. Insert your index and middle finger into the memory slot holes, place your thumbs on the bottom of the Xbox (for leverage), and pull the face plate off with a steady force. It should come right off.
2. Break the Microsoft seal off. (Note that this will void your warranty.)
3. Now, flip the Xbox on its side and take a close look at the holes located on the top and bottom of each side. If you look closely, you can see that some of the holes are filled in. This is because the filled-in holes are keeping the grey plastic pieces on the top and bottom of the Xbox in place.
4. To remove the top and bottom grey pieces, use a small pointed object. Locate a grey plastic tab by peering into the holes, then use your pointed object to carefully push down and lever out the grey top/bottom cover. Both pieces have three tabs/clips per side, with a total of six per piece. To remove the top grey piece, you will have to remove the rubber pad. This is the only rubber pad you will have to remove.
5. With the grey pieces removed, take a close look at the back side of the Xbox. On the right and left side there are small notches that will require closer inspection. You again will need a small screw driver or narrow probe.
6. Using the probe, start on the left side (near power plug socket) and push the catch a bit into the Xbox until it clicks, then use a screw driver to keep the two sides apart. Once the left side is done, start on the right side and do the same thing to the rest of the catches.
7. Once they are all separated, the bottom of the Xbox will lift away. At this point slide it around to the front side and undo the four catches, keeping the case together.
8. Now grab your Torx driver set. You can use a T10 and T8 to do the job. You do not need a T12.
9. Unscrew the six T10 black screws, then use the T10 to unscrew all the silver screws. Finally, unscrew the black screws with your T8 driver .
10. Carefully flip the Xbox back over and remove the DVD button arm assembly to keep it out of your way. You just need to pry it off the black plastic guide.
11. Next, remove the top cover. Watch the DVD button latch.
12. Disconnect the SATA connector and power connector from the DVD drive and lift it out of the case.
13. To remove the white plastic air guide, locate the notch on the top outward side, insert your probe/small screw driver, and leverage the air guide out. It should lift straight out very smoothly.
14. Disconnect the power for the cooling fans. Now, use your probe/screw driver to pry the fan catches out from the metal guard. This will allow you to remove the fan device from the Xbox case.
15. Look at the front of the Xbox on the RF module, and remove the white plastic power button. It is held in place by a clip on the top and bottom.
16. Remove the three screws from the front circuit board (RF module).
17. Once the screws are removed, you will be able to slide the front circuit board off the Xbox with a slight pull. Notice that it is connected on the lower left side. You should now be able to pull the entire circuit board right out of the case with relative ease. Be careful not to touch any exposed circuits.
18. The next step is to carefully lift the motherboard out of the Xbox case. With the motherboard removed, flip it over and locate the two X connectors on the bottom. These are what hold the heat sinks on the processor. You can remove this; just be careful. It takes a little bit of force, which could destroy your Xbox if not applied properly.
DON'T FORGET TO RATE;
Posted on Aug 17, 2008
SOURCE: xbox 360 freezing
You will need to have your XBOX opened up and have your GPU reworked. What I mean by that is have your X Clamp taken out and replaced. Here is a website that may be able to help you out. http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/ This has worked for me for the last 20 XBOX 360 I fixed so far. Good luck.
Posted on Oct 19, 2008
SOURCE: xbox 360 freezing
Clean your disc, and keep objects away from the sides and back of the console... to allow cooling. Also might want to consider getting a cd lens cleaner, it'll get the dust out of there.
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 17, 2016 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Dec 18, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Console
Dec 29, 2010 | Activision Call of Duty Black Ops for Xbox...
Aug 20, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox Console
Feb 18, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Nov 26, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Aug 31, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Nov 18, 2017 | The Video Game Consoles & Games
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!