Question about Childesigns Bellmont Crib

5 Answers

Childesigns crib part needed

The plastic piece that would enable me to release the side of the crib that drops down has broken. Does anyone know where I might be able to get one? By looking at the pictures I believe the style of the crib is Bellmont...but not sure! Any help would be appreciated...even if somone knows how to contact the company that makes these! I am tired of propping books under the crib to hold the side up! Thanks Maggi

Posted by on

5 Answers

Re: Childesigns crib part needed

A pretty good idea- screw a 1-1 1/2" wood screw into the bottom of the "keyhole "shaped slot where the plastic trigger assembly would normally latch. Leave the screw head out far enough to catch the drop down rail. This will keep the rail at its regular "up" height. However, this repair will not allow you to drop the rail down. All my research has led me to conclude that the Childesign company no longer exists. my crib is convertible to a child bed so once my guy gets big enough I'll remove the drop down rail completely and eventually part out this crib or burn it!! What a hassle.I sympathize with all of you. 

Posted on Oct 15, 2007

Re: Childesigns crib part needed

I have the same problem. If anyone who gave up on trying to find parts for this crib, I would like to know if they can sell the part I need that may be available with the one you have in perfect condition, I can consider buying it.

Posted on Sep 28, 2007

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Expert
  • 274 Answers
Re: Childesigns crib part needed

Check your crib first to make sure the slats are not more than 2 3/8" (2.375") apart. If they are, a new born can be strangled. Scrap it and get a new crib. Unfortunately the manufactures don't standardize their hardware so the rarely match.

Posted on Sep 19, 2007

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer
Re: Childesigns crib part needed

I also have the same problem and have been unable to find any replacement. I guess I will by a new hardware set and try to replace all hardware on that side of the crib. It might be better than throwing it away.

Posted on Sep 06, 2007

Re: Childesigns crib part needed

I have the same problem and I spoke to at 1-800-772-1041 this morning and they said that the childesign is no longer in production as far as they know and no parts available. They also said no repair kits available will fit it. I am stomped as to whether I should just go out and buy another crib now.

Posted on Jul 13, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Parts to fix the rail to a crib .. recall????

I had the same crib and just returned it to Walmart tonight for a full refund of 128.99 +tax. All ChildESIGNS/Generation 2 worldwide cribs were recalled in Feb & March 2010.

Jan 21, 2010 | Childesigns Wellesley Crib

2 Answers

Is this crib part of the massive November 2009 recall?

No. The cribs being recalled are made by StorkCraft but any crib with a drop side that has plastic parts could pose a problem. Make sure the side latches securely and that the space between the side and the mattress is not large enough for a child's head to get trapped.

Nov 24, 2009 | Childesigns Bellmont Crib

1 Answer

Side keeps falling down

check the hardware on the sides clip may be broken or missing also check to see if ur crib is made by stork craft there is a massive recall or cribs that the sides go down on call 877-274-0277 ur crib might be involved in the recall or u can log on to

Nov 24, 2009 | Childesigns Savannah Crib

1 Answer

I need to replace two brown plastic parts

Check to make sure this crib has not been recalled.
Go to

Aug 03, 2009 | Childesigns Little StowAway 80-110 Crib

1 Answer

Broken plastic brace on stationary side

Childesign is in fact out of business and did not leave any way for their customer's to buy lost or broken parts. Unfortunately, you will find it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to find the part you are looking for.

Jun 16, 2009 | Childesigns Shelby Crib

1 Answer

Plastic piece to lower side rial broke

If you have one side piece that works, I would like to buy it from you. Email Thanks.

Jul 05, 2008 | Childesigns Bellmont Crib

2 Answers

Crib replacement parts

Me too. I ahso need the plastic "hand release" on the right side. Manufacturer (Generation 2 Worldwide) is out of business and Products America does not have a similar part that will work on this crib. Help! This crib is useless worthless without it. Any Ideas?

Mar 17, 2008 | Childesigns Shelby Crib

2 Answers


sell the kid to pay for a new crib

Feb 28, 2008 | Childesigns Shelby Crib

1 Answer

Childesigns Ravello Crib

Try you local hardware store. ACE Hardware or a True Value.

If you think that the parts are repairable you might ask the hardware folks for a glue that will bond that material to itself. Plastic Welder brand glue usually works well for this.

Jan 21, 2008 | Childesigns Ravello Crib

2 Answers

Childesign Shelby crib replacement parts

You know I just purchased a Childesigns crib from a garage sale thatI thought had everything needed. When I got home, we found it was missing one top plastic rod. Of course nothing will work without that. I found this webpage that sells a VERY similar product. It is not exact, but to be able to use the crib, this was a good option for us. Hope this helps.

Sep 06, 2007 | Childesigns Shelby Crib

Not finding what you are looking for?
Childesigns Bellmont Crib Logo

3,422 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Childesigns Cribs, Cradles & Bassinets Experts

Mike McWhinney

Level 3 Expert

537 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2267 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

6327 Answers

Are you a Childesigns Crib, Cradle and Bassinet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides