Question about Grilling

1 Answer

Problem with the grill

Cannot light the grill. Used to work ok. Can it get blocked up with grease from cooking

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Night Owl:

    An expert who has answered 10 or more questions between 12 midnight and 6am on the same day.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 29 Answers

Yes try cleaning the gas holes with a small wire or guitar string or small paperclip poke the carbon through the holes to open them up

Posted on Nov 24, 2012

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a griddler that has been used for greasy cooking--looks baked on. How do I clean the griddler? Water won't do it.


The best way to clean a griddle caked with grease is to turn it on and let it get hot. Then turn it off and while still hot, use a non abrasive cleanser (aka Comet, Bon Ami) with a nylon scrubber to cut through the grease. If the griddle does not have a non stick surface, you can get "screens" to work the grease free. This is what is used on professional grills (usually on a nightly basis). If all else fails, most oven cleaners will do a nice job.

Jun 16, 2011 | Vacuums

1 Answer

I have all new burner element, starter and thermometer,,,because I had a MAJOR fire from deteriorating fire unit Now I used grill to rotisserie a chicken, cleaned everything and when using it to grill...


When you cooked the chicken on the rotisserie, did you remove the cooking grates and place a disposable drip pan on the flame tamers below the chicken? This will prevent the grease from dripping down into the bottom of the grill when you use the rotisserie. The bottom of the unit needs to be kept clean so the grease will run to the drip pan and not get caught in the bottom of the unit. When you are done cooking, if you will close the lid and turn the grill on high for 10 to 15 minutes it will help to burn off any grease build up and prevent fires in the future.

Jun 11, 2011 | Dynasty DBQ-30 (LP) Grill

1 Answer

I have a kenmore gas grill that has the side burner. Up until recently, it has been working great. However, now the main grill won't light when pressing the ignition button but the side burner lights...


More than likely, the electrode spark ignitors on your main burners need to be cleaned. They will get covered with grease over time. Also check the wiring from the ignitor module to each spark ignitor being sure that all wiring is firmly in place. To clean the electrode(s) ... a cotton ball dipped in alcohol will work fine.

Hope this helped you solve the problem and Happy Grilling!

Apr 09, 2011 | Kenmore 700 sq. in. Cooking Area Gas Grill...

1 Answer

Igniter clicks but never lights, I can light it using a long handled lighter.


The ignitor operates likr a spark plug. When you press the button a small electric charge is passed through the attached wire to the small electrode inside the grill creating a small spark. The main reason this fails is because cooking grease covers the metal contact plate and won't allow a spark. Clean the electrode and dry completely. This should solve the problem.

Jun 11, 2010 | Uniflame FG2204C Grill

1 Answer

Do I need to preheat the oven when cooking in the iven When using as a grill the grill smokes all the time


hi, what you need to do is turn the grill on and leave it on what is happening is all the steam and fat and grease form the cooking you have done in the oven has risen and stuck on the heating element the grill uses, so open your windows and turn the grill onto its highest setting and just leave it after a while the smoke will stop.

You need to do this so that any food you cook using the grill doesnt smell of the smoke thats burning on the grill element.

Dont worry you wont do any harm to it this is a very common problem with combo ovens and grills and the same goes for microwaves with the grill feature so dont worry to much its what happens over time if you dont use the grill much.

So just switch the grill on and leave it it can take upto 20 to 30min to stop smoking but after its burned off all the grease and fat etc it will stop smoking and stop smelling so dont worry everybody who has one goes through this same problem.


let me know how you get on or if you need further assistance ok.

Its best you do this once a week or so to ensure that it dont build up to much as it can really stink the whole place out and if you cook food without burning it all off your food will taste like the smell witch believe me isnt nice, so just leave it all to burn off leave your windows and doors open and after about 20 min you should find the smoke will stop and the smell will go away.

You may find it only takes 5 to 10 min but dont worry no matter how long it takes your not doing any harm your just cleaning the element.

Dont try cleaning it with cleaning products as this can cause harm to the element and could taint any food with the cleaning product you use.

The only real help you can give is that before you turn it on to burn off the grease use a stiff hand brush and brush the element to remove all the dried on loose bits this will then make it quicker to stop smoking.

But other than that just leave it and it will sort itself out.

Jan 13, 2010 | Creda Europa E010E Electric Single Oven

1 Answer

Coals dieing out


It sounds like you have a partial block to the fresh air supply on the side that is dying out on you. The cause is generally built up grease residue, or coals blocking the air flow. Look carefully, readjust things and you should be all set. Regards, Joe

Nov 18, 2009 | Weber Q Grill

1 Answer

Very weak flame/slow cooking


Check the holes on the burners. There seems to be a yellow residue that collects and blocks the small holes. I use a toothpick every other season to clear them out.

Jun 27, 2009 | Weber Genesis Silver B Grill

1 Answer

What are the trays for


Dear ravirtue, the metal removable tray is for cooking dishes where you want the liquid to not drain away such as gravy on meats. You can use it to make stews or chili or meatloaf. It can also be used to bake with such as , yes, cakes or cinnamon rolls. It comes in quite handy. I've used it to do chicken as well when I didn't feel like having to clean the whole machine. Hope this helps you out. Enjoy your roasting machine. It makes the best tasting chicken, fried but without all the grease of doing it in the frypan. Good luck! Wackybird12

Nov 30, 2008 | George Foreman GV5 Indoor Grill

1 Answer

Grease Catcher


That's a warming tray. If you're cooking a lot of bacon for example, you can hold your first batch here while you continue cooking.

Jul 17, 2007 | Toastmaster TG21W Indoor Grill

Not finding what you are looking for?
Grilling Logo

Related Topics:

17 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Grilling Experts

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

2550 Answers

Gary Kenady
Gary Kenady

Level 2 Expert

140 Answers

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

Are you a Grilling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...