Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Printer suddenly went offline can't get back online
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Download and install this Critical Update for your printer directly from HP.
There have been cases where if the PC is turned off or goes into hibernate this can occur. To work around this issue the "HP CUE DeviceDescovery Service" must be disabled:
1) Click on the "Start Menu" icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, type "services.msc" in the "Start Search" edit box, and hit enter. This will trigger Vista to pop-up a "User Account Control" dialog to prompt for permission to continue. Click "Continue" to allow Vista to open the Services management console application.
2) The Services management console application is made up of 2 panels. The right panel contains a list of all services available on the system. Scroll thru this list and look for a service called "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service".
3) Right-click on "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" and select "Properties" to open the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog.
4) From the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog, click on the "General" tab. If the "Service status" shows that the service has started, click on the "Stop" button to force the service to stop.
5) Change the "Start type" to "Disabled" and click on the "OK" button on the bottom of the dialog to apply the changes.
1. Set the printer to a static IP address
2. Logon to the machine as the administrator or with admin rights.
3. Remove/Reinstall the printer using the IP address
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
Phoned Canon with the same problem. Everytime I installed the printer it would work until I rebooted. Canon advised that all I had to do was right click on the MP620 printer in printer control panel, then make sure that "Use Printer Offline"is not selected. Worked for me. Goodluck
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
Follow the steps:
1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.
2. Go to Control Panel and click on Printers and Faxes (for XP) or Printers (for Vista).
3. Right-click the printer icon > click "Use printer online".
NOTE: Once you see the option "Use printer online" after right-clicking the printer icon, meaning that the printer is offline. But if you right-click the icon and you see "Use printer offline", meaning that the printer is online.
Posted on Nov 03, 2009
On Windows XP and Vista all you need to do is right click on the printer icon and bring it back online. I haven't figured out how to do this on Windows 7 yet.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
I have a lap top and was having the "printer offline" problem
1) I did the triple click on the printer as in soluyion two to get the IP address which is clearly labled on the 3rd page.
2) Clicked on "Devices and Printers" in the "Start" menu
3) Right clicked the "Brother..." icon and selected "Remove Device"
4) Selected "Add Printer" on the "Devices and Printers" menu
5) Selected "Add a wireless, network, or bluetooth printer"
Nothing was coming up in the search so...
6) Selected "The printer I want isn't listed"
7) Selected "Add a printer using TCP/IP address or host name"
8) Entered the IP adress from the 3rd page of the printout on to the line "Host name or IP address"
9) Left the "Query..." box selected, clicked "next" and printer installed
Posted on May 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2014 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 12, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MX712 Wireless Inkjet Office...
Jan 08, 2013 | Epson stylus nx110 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 20, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Sep 06, 2011 | HP LaserJet P3005 Printer
Jun 16, 2010 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
Jul 20, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 23, 2017 | Toshiba Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 23, 2017 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!