Question about Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
I have Toshiba A75-S2112. When I turn my computer on it will ask me to login. At this point my mouse or touchpad works. After I login my password and windows boots up I cannot work my mouse or touchpad. Also when it finishes booting It has restore desktop but I cant push the button to make it restore the desktop. PLEASE HELP. Thank you, Michael Valentine.
As it happens I still need some clarification what you were doing just before this incident happened but i will provide you a solution which might help you
I am assuming that the operating system is XP/VISTA and that you might have installed a new device or new software on the system (mind you this could also mean that you were browsing a site and you got an ActiveX control installed which might be causing the issue!)
SOLUTION 1 (OFFENDING SOFTWARE OR DEVICE DRIVER):
1. Boot the computer
2. Just after the TOSHIBA logo comes up Press F8 and keep holding it until you get into a menu which lets you choose to boot up the operating system in SAFE MODE
3. Go in the Add / Remove programs and uninstall the offending program or hardware device which might have caused the issue.
SOLUTION 2: (Active X control or some other Malware which might have installed unknowingly)
1. Still in safe mode Use adaware or some other spyware removal tool which you might have installed (if in XP). Vista makes good use of Windows Defender. Whichever the case if you have windows vista ... go in control panel find windows defender and make a full system scan for potentially malicious software and remove what might be causing the issue. After spyware removal.
2. Go to your virus killer and perform a full system scan for any viruses and do the same. If you don't have these installed ... get hold of another computer with internet connection.
3. IF YOU DONT HAVE Antivirus and antispyware: Get hold of AVG Free edition and LAVASOFT ADAWARE PERSONAL EDITION. BOTH are free and very good. install them and repeat the above 2 steps.
SOLUTION 3: Still cannot solve the problem?
1. Go to the other computer get hold of tuneup utilities
2. Reboot in safe mode as explained above
3. install tuenup utilities (trial will still work fine)
4. Go to >> Registry Cleaner >> Clean all and let it do the rest just follow the onscreen instructions and it should give a good clean to the system.
5 Reboot and Try to see if the system works.
Solution 4: If STILL YOU CANNOT See any Improvements
1. Go again in safe mode as explained above and go to tuneup utilities again.
2. Choose Startup programs and UNTICK ALL the starting programs which you have on the system as it is clear that there must be something which is not allowing the system to start up properly.
3. Now ONCE you get the system BOOTING NOT in SAFE MODE go again in tuneup utilities and start adding the startup programs one by one until you spot the offending program! TADA. Now you know what you have to do in this case. Go to step 1 of this solution and choose and untick ONLY THAT PROGRAM which is causing the issue. Then uninstall it in normal mode.
Solution 5: The SAD one
1. Go to safe mode as explained above. Backup all your data which you might need to keep
2. Get some technician and reformat the system. Install the necassary drivers. Office / Outlook / antivirus / antispyware or in the case you got quick recovery REFER to your MANUAL and perform full system recovery. This is typically by pressing ALT+F10. BUT BEWARE THIS will MAKE you LOSE ALL YOUR DATA SO BACKUP FIRST the documents as explained in thsi solution. REFER to MANUAL of LAPTOP to see if you have this system recovery feature. If laptop is quite new (2 years or so) you should have it.
I hope that this FIXYA was of help as i did not have enough details.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite A75-S2112 Notebook
The computer starts but, when you press a key, nothing happens.
You are probably in Standby mode and have a software or
resource conflict. When this happens, turning the power on
returns you to the problem instead of restarting the system.
To clear the condition, press Ctrl, Alt, and Del simultaneously
then select Shutdown, then Restart to restart the computer.
Mar 24, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite A75-S2112 Notebook
Dec 09, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A75-S2112 Notebook
May 01, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A75-S2112 Notebook
Apr 02, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A75-S2112 Notebook
Nov 29, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A75-S2112 Notebook
Oct 07, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A75-S2112: A75-S2112...
Jun 25, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A75-S211 Notebook
Jan 05, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!