Question about Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
I get a message that the ink absorber is full-how do I clean/empty it?
The waste Ink absorber is a small, deep sponge, located where the cartridges rest when the printer is idle. Although you can technically reset the counter on the amount of ink held in the absorber, if you overfill it, over time you will start to have color staining on your cartridges, since your carts clean up on it after every cycle, at the extreme, you can have ink residue build up under your printer. Online printer supply shops can sell you a replacement absorber cheap.
. You will need some rubber gloves, rubbing alcohol, and a small prying tool.
1) Locate the absorber at the bottom right of the cartridge path
2) With gloves on, pry up the absorber (if you have the almost full warning, be prepared for some good splatter.)
3) In a small dish with a small amount of rubbing alcohol, shake the absorber around for a short while to moisten the outer ink.
4) Rinse the absorber in a metal sink (porcelain can stain) with more alcohol, then leave it to dry.
5) Replace and make sure the absorber is seated the same as when you took it out.
Then you want to reset the counter for the absorber.
1) Enter the Service Menu by keying = Menu,Scan,Copy,Scan.
2) Use the arrows to navigate to Service Menu Counter Access. then press OK.
3) Use the arrows to navigate to ABS-M Dot Count, press Copy.
4) Use the arrows until the count is zero, press OK then Reset.
5) For good measure, turn the printer off and on.
hope this helps
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
on Apr 02, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Oct 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP8500 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 12, 2010 | Canon Printers & Copiers
Mar 22, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 21, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Nov 06, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP450 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 30, 2008 | Canon Printers & Copiers
Dec 18, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 08, 2014 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
149 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!