- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
sir/mam First check the right side cover where the image unit is located. Check the two latches that latch that door are not broken especially the rear one. Then get a paper clip and stick the clip in the small hole on the right side of the control panel it will touch a switch. The control panel with go thru some screens when you see the screen with copiers on it on the left side of the screen in the middle you will see a small "." when dot appears touch 3 button. Then the machine will continue to the code screen. Press the utility button should see a new button "Maintenance Mode" touch it then touch trouble reset. The machine will again go thru screens will see the"." again do nothing. Should go ready to Copy. If the code comes back do not reset you are messing with the Fuser the Hot part continue reset without a technician looking at and or replacing it can catch on fire that would ruin a perfectly good day
1. Turn the printer on. 2. When the memory starts counting on the control panel, press and hold the green SELECT button. Continue to hold green SELECT button until all three Control Panel LED's are illuminated and on solid. 3. Release the green SELECT button. 4. The control panel will display SELECT LANGUAGE. 5. Press the DOWN ARROW button until control panel displays COLD RESET. 6. Press green SELECT button. The printer will perform a cold reset and then continue its power-on sequence. Hopefully, this will fix the problem for you!
1. Turn the printer on.
2. When the memory starts counting on the control panel, press and hold the green SELECT button. Continue to hold green SELECT button until all three Control Panel LED's are illuminated and on solid.
3. Release the green SELECT button.
4. The control panel will display SELECT LANGUAGE.
5. Press the DOWN ARROW button until control panel displays COLD RESET.
6. Press green SELECT button. The printer will perform a cold reset and then continue its power-on sequence.
Sounds like a RAM problem. Go to the back of the machine, You will see 2 large, thumb Screws, Twist them about half a turn and remove the main board. Remove and reinsert the memory stick. If that does not fix it the main board or the electronics module has probably failed.
Turn off the main power switch, and disconnect the power cord. Remove the copyboard glass; then, remove the screw, and detach the small cover from the IP cover. remove the remove all eprom dccon ram & insert again & start the machine.
if the machine needs toner you will be able to change paper size & reduction but the machine will not come to ready[green ready light lit]. so if the machine keeps running after you turn it on it needs toner. if you leave it on for lets say 15 min. does it give you an add toner light or an error code?
Solution : There are many items which can cause the machine to have a blank control panel or no display. There could be a problem with the memory, a blown fuse on the fuse pcb, a defective control panel, boot rom, memory, etc...
One other cause of the problem which was confirmed to cause a blank display condition is the main controller fan. When the main controller fan was unplugged the display would come up and the machine would then give an E code.
Canon USA, Inc. Systems & Technical Support Division
A couple suggestions. Unplug the usb cable from the pc to the printer, make sure there is no paper jammed in the machine, unplug the machine from the wall and see if you can move the print head left to right freely. If nothing is obstructing it plig the power cord in with out the usb cord plugged in. See if the machine goes to ready. If all of these fail, that means the main board has been damaged by a power surge, and it would be cheaper to replace the machine than repair it. Good luck!