Question about LG RU-27FB30C TV

1 Answer

MAGNAVOX TV BURNING SMELL TV WENT POP AND WENT OFF

My tv was on then all of a sudden I heard a pop, the TV went off and smelled a burning smell- something like a plastic smell.- I tried unplugging everything and the replugging but nothing.

Posted by on

  • carol162m Jan 05, 2009

    thank you for your help dantechcom



  • Anonymous Feb 01, 2009

    same problem here. i'm gonna just trash mine.

×

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 846 Answers

Well that pop had something to do with the power components inside the TV frying. I would have to say there is nothing you can do to repair it as its dangerous to work on such things.
I wouln't waste my time bringing it to a repair shop they will probably tell you to just buy a new one.

Posted on Jan 05, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Tv picture went out


Sorry bad news these TV's work off of lights that shine thru the back of the screen if you heard a pop it was the power board that turns on those lights not an easy fix sorry.

Jan 28, 2013 | Samsung LN40D550K1FXZA - LN40D550 40 1080p...

1 Answer

Burnt smell


Check the main power supply regulator section for faulty component/s. The sound you heard might be of a bursted electrolytic capacitor at the power regulation stage circuit, due to some spikes in the input AC voltage. Open the TV and check this section. Be sure to unplug the TV from AC mains wall socket, before open it.

Jul 23, 2012 | Zenith B36A24Z 36" TV

1 Answer

Have a 65inch Mitsubishi DLP. acouple years old, just heard a loud pop,smelled like it was burning,it turns on but just sound????


hi,
Check the lamp of you tv. The lam is burned. that's why you heared a pop up sound and burning smell. Just check it and replace it. you will get the picture back.
ok

Apr 16, 2011 | Mitsubishi WD65737 65" DLP TV

1 Answer

No picture. no sound


Bulb may have popped. Cheapest fix, unless your an electrician it the only thing to really try before replacing set.

May 31, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-60WF655 60" Rear...

1 Answer

I was watching tv and all of sudden it was a popping sound and the tv went dark.i unplugged it,and it was a little bit burning smell.


Well best case is that the bulb burnt out, replace the bulb and clean out cooling fans and hopefully it should come right back on.

Apr 24, 2010 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have a 1993 36 inch RCA, model # P46151WK. TV was on and suddenly heard something pop and it started to smell like something burned inside. It wont turn on anymore.


You may have a fried horizontal output transistor and a defective flyback transformer. If indeed this set is 17 years old.......cheaper to replace him...sorry!

Mar 01, 2010 | RCA F32650 32" TV

1 Answer

ASTV3619WS went pop and burning smell


replace capactors on mains power board they will have raised tops and look like little batteries with white kine on one side replace with same value e.g (2000.mf 25v) make sure line is on same side take picture to help

Dec 16, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I smell something burning then the tv just went off


Unplug the tv and take it to a repair shop. Obviously if you smelled something burning, then you shouldn't leave it connected.

Dec 01, 2009 | Televison & Video

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG RU-27FB30C TV Logo

1,093 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

72271 Answers

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18377 Answers

Henry  Thomas
Henry Thomas

Level 3 Expert

1074 Answers

Are you a LG Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...