I have a Bloomfield Koffee King. The problem is that it leaks water all over the place. We disassembled it and cleaned everything. We put it all back together and it still leaked all over. At a closer look we found that the water was coming out the tiny hole in the top of the tank cover plate. Is there supposed to be any water coming out this hole? It keeps coming out the hole, fills up the tank cover plate and then runs all over inside the coffee maker and then to the counter top.
There should be a hose connecting the hole to the top of the water resevoir for venting (water expands when heated and the tank should always be full). If it is connected to a source of water (hot water on tap/ push to brew) it could also be a leak in the coil for the water on tap or the solonoid valve fo push to brew.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Depending on where it is leaking there are several places. I will illustrate in this drawing. The biggest problem on "non-water line models is the silicone elbows. Check them first. Unplug the brewer and remove the top burners and cover. Then get a pitcher of water and plenty of towels then start slowly pouring in the water and see if is starts filling up the top of the tank lid with water. if it does. remove the pour in tank, then remove the rubber/silicone elbows and if they come out easily, they are bad. Replace them. If you are going to replace them also replace the small 1/4 inch line that goes to the fill basin from the tank. It is about 8" long. Good luck.
I would remove the big fat rubber elbow from the tank going to the fill basin...and turn the brewer upside down in my sink. This is how I drained about ten thousand of them (not joking about the ten thousand). But it depends on what you are doing. Did you want to delime it? Did you pour coffee in it by mistake instead of water?....What ever the reason be sure you let it dry out good. Coffee machines are use to flooding, spraying internally, leaking and they are built to shut down breakers. If you are pulling the tank or just removing the top, you may want to leave the water in to see how much water vs lime and sediment fill the tank. Depends on where you live. Enjoy.
Hi, Get 2 pots place one under the spray head with the filter cone in....now fill the other coffee pot and start to pour water through the lid top front...keep pouring water through (about two and a half pots) until water starts to pour through the cone....now the tank is full plug her in and turn on the power switch at the back and also the front if there is one....place filter in cone..put coffee in filter...pot on burner...wait about 25 minutes until water in tank is hot...when light on front comes on pour another pot of cold water through the top and you will get a pot of hot coffee in bottom....I also think this machine can be hard wired into water main....get plummer to hook up...follow same procedure but instead of pouring water through top for coffee..hit brew switch. if it poors too much of too little you will find a timer in the machine you can adjust to allow more or less water...hope this helps.
I just repaired my Bloomfield 8543 unit. I removed the top, by first removing the top rear 2 screws and unplugging the 2 heating element wires under it. Then mark all the wires that go to everything, (it is only a few) remove the center screw that holds the water tank lid brace down, slid the brace to one side (the groove on one side is longer) and remove the brace. (My brace was bent.) Then lift the lid (the heating elements will come with it) and clean the gasket. I went as far as to remove the tank, clean that as well as all the tubes. I tightened everything down and it worked perfectly again. Good luck, ken