Question about Vizio Televison & Video
Wont turn on vizio sign doesnt light theres nothing
I see so many here with no sound/no picture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signs of damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down the problem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the generic ones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don't put a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses a standby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined and some not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on the power/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--I attach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flat and have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating (saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs 7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over. If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in this photo.
Posted on Nov 07, 2012
Yo Eri I'm just finishing one of these my self.
all ya had to do is call me! Girl you should check my file.
With all the love
Your Bro Brando
Posted on Dec 21, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try manually using the source button on the TV. Touch the button once and a screen will com up on the TV. Touch the source button again it will scroll down the pop-up on the screen. Wait a few seconds each time you scroll down the pop-up. You should get a signal when it gets to the right setting.
Posted on Oct 29, 2007
If you pay for shipping I will send you my screws. Maybe a buck or two will cover it in an envelope. I just removed them last night as the TV is being junked for the parts. Email me.
MBSimonds AT aol DOT com
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
The price range is 500-800 depending where you will get it, try Ebay and look for a non-working one with a good panel (screen), it does not matter why is not working as long as the panel is in good condition.
Posted on May 27, 2009
My vizio recently did the same exact thing. Vizio sent an HDTV tech out to fix it and it was the power board. He put a new board in (took 15 min) and the tv works like new.
Posted on Jan 25, 2010
Hi my name is Roety,
I can help you with your issue ,
Check the AC plug, to reset the TV unplug and connect it. If the power light lights up check the input select button the TV needs to be own the correct input to view TV again.
If I have helped you with your issue
If you have more questions you can still respond
I will reply asap
Posted on Jan 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2012 | Vizio VO47L 47 in. LCD TV
on Jun 06, 2010 | Televison & Video
on Jun 06, 2010 | Vizio VU42L 42 in. LCD TV
May 21, 2012 | Vizio VO37LHDTV10A 37 in. LCD TV
Jun 06, 2010 | Vizio VU42L 42 in. LCD TV
on Jun 06, 2010 | Vizio 42 in. LCD TV
Jan 05, 2010 | Vizio L32 32 in. LCD HDTV
Aug 11, 2008 | Televison & Video
Oct 28, 2007 | Vizio P2 42 in. HD-Ready Plasma Television
Sep 18, 2017 | Vizio Televison & Video
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!