a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Replacing a high voltage diode<br /><br />The first thing you must do to replace your microwave's diode is unplug the unit from the wall outlet.<br /><br />Next you will have to discharge the high voltage capacitor. A capacitor stores large amounts of electricity even when the unit is unplugged. It is necessary to discharge the high voltage capacitor in order to avoid receiving an electrical shock.<br /><br />Diode replacement is relatively straightforward because most high voltage diodes have a press fit, also known as Fast-On, or they have ring lugs. If your replacement diode can be installed either way, make sure you get the right polarity. Remember that a diode will conduct an electrical current when a forward voltage is applied, but when a reverse voltage is applied, there is no conduction.<br /><br />Remove the diode from your microwave and replace it with the new one. You may be able to crimp the new diode onto the wire leads, without welding or soldering them together. If you do crimp the diode onto the leads, be sure not to apply too much pressure, as this may cause connection problems either now or in the future. <br /><br />I hope this is helpful.<br />
EHow says: Electrical power is easily conducted through a moist or wet environment. When wood fibers contain moisture it can also conduct an electrical signal or voltage. This allows the moisture meter to act as a signal generator. The signal generator will output a small voltage into the wood fibers. The small voltage is typically supplied by a battery. The moisture meter contains an internal circuitry much like an ohmmeter. The ohmmeter reads the amount of resistance that an electrical circuit may employ in conducting electricity.
Disconnect the power source to your dryer before you conduct this or any other repair. Either unplug the unit from the wall outlet, remove the appropriate fuse from the fuse box, or flip the appropriate breaker in the circuit breaker panel.
Testing a dryer's thermal fuse is much like testing its thermostats. Follow these steps to replace your dryer's thermal fuse.
The wires leading to the thermal fuse are connected using metal slip on connectors. Remove the wires by pulling on the connectors, and not the wires themselves. It may be a good idea to use a pair of needle nosed pliers to help you
Electricity and water can be a hazard which could be life threatening, but you can operate electrical equipment in a wet environment if you are careful and follow safety precautions. Most import, make sure the electrical outlet you are using for the pressure washer has a working ground plug. Just because an outlet has three prongs does not mean the ground is working. You need to use an outlet tester which is inexpensive from a hardware store or use a multi meter to test the ground for conductivity to earth ground.Your power washer should have a working GFI (Ground fault interrupter), and you need to press the test button to make sure it is working. If your power washer does not have a GFI purchase one from a hardware store. I would also plug the power washer directly into the electrical outlet since an extension cord could have a bad ground connection and will cause the power washer to pull more current from the outlet. Make sure the power washer is raised of the ground so it will not sit in a pool of water. If you follow the safety precautions you should be safe but keep in mind water does not carry the electrical current, it is the impurities in the water which carry the current. Therefore, water could be more conductive depending on the impurity of water. However, it sounds like a loose connection in the power washer which could also be an o-ring or a washer is broken and it would b a good idea to have it fixed.
as long as you have an outlet for an electric dryer you can there are 2 types of outlets one has 3 prongs and the other has 4 prongs you may need to change the plug on you dryer this is symple to do if you dont have an outlet you will have to have one installed i would recomend just buying a gas dryer and selling you old electric one gas dryres work better and and are more dependable and more cost effective to use
i repair dryres and for every 100 electic dryers i fix i fix one gas dryer
call me if you have any other questions
210 313 7844
I'm no electrical engineer, but as it was explained to me...These things are filled with a semi conductive gel that dries out as they go bad, when this happens they don't conduct electricity. But when your starting the flash, the resistance causes the capacitor to heat up until it liquefies and starts to conduct electricity again. As a result, each time it takes more to get it going, eventually however it will burn out and stop working altogether.
That said, I'm not sure how you would go about replacing it without a trip to radio shop, a soldering gun, and some experience with electronics repair.
If you have no power in the microwave, check to see if the outlet is good
by plugging something else into it. If there is power, you may have
blown the internal thermal fuse, or the door switch may be defective.
Either of these will keep your microwave from working. The thermal fuse
protects both you and the oven by blowing if there is too much power
going through it. When a fuse blows, it means that the wire inside that
conducts electricity has broken, usually because of an electrical overload.
When it blows, you need to have a professional microwave repair person
replace it. If this is not the problem, it may be that your door switch
has become defective. If the door switch isn't working properly, it
won't let the circuit complete to operate microwave components.