Acer 5920 acer erecovery app crash after windows update
Hi.. the above says it all... all 'acer empowering tech' software no longer works now I have finally connected to the internet and updated windows. (Vista SP1) I have tried enabling the program to run in advanced system settings (didnt work) then tried downloading and updating the acer software.. didnt work either...so.. at a loss thanx Alfie:) i just want the erecovery programme.. the rest is just tosh.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Windows key > All programs >Acer Empowering Technology>eRecovery management>Restore>Factory(Top of list)..
If computer will not boot.
Tune computer ON
When Acer splash is on screen hold Alt and keep pressing F10...
Select factory from top of list.
You will need a password , the default is "000000" (Six zeros).
Recommend you use the first option if you can...
1. Power on the machine.
2. At the ACER BIOS screen, hold the "Alt" key and press the "F10" key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery. The window of opportunity is very small, so this may take a few attempts.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click "Restore to Factory Default Settings" (the password is six zeros, 0.0.0.0.0.0.).
4. Click "OK" to continue.
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore the factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press "OK" to reboot unit.
***This will erase all your unsaved data!***
Running System Recovery from Windows
1. Click Start>All Programs>Acer Empowering Technology.
2. Select Acer eRecovery Management.
3. Select Restore (bottom of eRecovery screen).
4. Select Restore system to factory default (the password is six zeros, 0.0.0.0.0.0.).
5. Select Yes then Next, the system will reboot and start the recovery.
1. Reboot, and press F8.
2. Select Repair.
3. Select Reinstall Windows and follow prompts.
go to the start key bottom left of the keyboard then up to programs then over to the right to acer empowering technology then over the right again to acer erecovery management and click on it then choose reinstall aplications/drivers then click on the contents then scroll down to the realtek audiio driver
go over to the left and click install or something like that
after install windows will prob ask you to restart
Hi, You need to Acer eNET Management, the empowering Technology, using Acer eLock Management and Acer eRecovery Management, you must initialise the Empowering Technology password. Right-click on the Empowering Technology toolbar and select "Password Setup" this will enable you to do so. If you have not initialized the Empowering Technology password and run Acer eLock Management or Acer eRecovery Management, you must create it. Acer eNet Management this will assist you to quickly connect to both wired and wireless networks. to access this utility, select "Acer eNet Management" from the Empowering Technology toolbar or run the program from the Acer Empowering Technology program group in Start menu.
Acer eRecovery Management and Acer disk-to-disk recovery are protected
by a password that can be changed by the user. Follow the steps below
to change the password in Acer eRecovery Management.
Boot to Windows XP.
Press ALT + F10 to open the Acer eRecovery Management utility.
Enter the password to proceed. The default password is six zeros.
In the Acer eRecovery Management window, select Recovery settings and click Next.
In the Recovery settings window, select Password: Change Acer eRecovery Management password and click Next.
Follow the instructions on screen to complete the process.
You will probably have to buy the Recovery CD from Acer. You should be able to do so using your serial number as proof of ownership. This will not work if you have a system (BIOS) password, and booting from the optical drive has been prevented.