Question about Amana Washing Machines
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is usually a symptom of a bad motor control board which located under the console. I had the same problem. You can open the console by removing the three screws in the back and lifting from the rear first. The console will pop off. In addition, if you look along washer top front edge in the seam there is a retaining clip about 2 inches in from each side. Using a putty knife, push in on each clip while lifting and the top should pop up. There will be a tech sheet affixed to the front wall of the washer between the wash tub and case. This tech sheet will give you all the guidance necessary on how to perform tests to prove whether or not the motor controller is at fault, or if the pump is at fault. I believe you may have a motor controller problem, though. Another possibility is getting something caught in the drain pump reservoir. This could binding the pump. Let me know if any of this is helpful to you.
Posted on Aug 16, 2007
You can access through back panel. But before you do, make sure there is not a kink in the drain hose, it is very common
Posted on Aug 20, 2009
This can mean 1 or 2 things
No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected.
If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.
If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.
If there is no water in the unit:
1. Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
2. Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
3. Verify inlet valve operation
1. Verify Drain pump operation
2. Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch
Motor Control Unit (MCU) Heat Sink Thermal Trip
If the thermal protector on the MCU heat sink gets too hot, it will open the thermal protector on the heat sink which will stop motor functions and an "E10" will be displayed
Posted on Oct 30, 2009
To get the front off. (All screws look to be #2 Phillips Screws)
1. You have to unscrew (2) phillips screws from the back that holds the top on.
2. Slide the top off. (slide towards the back)
3. Then where the control panel is there is about 4-6 screws holding that plastic piece on, take those out this will allow you to pull the control panel up and out of the way.
4. At this point you can unscrew the 4-6 screws in the door area that holds the front of the washer on, once you unscrew those screws there is a tab that you have to lift the front over to pull the front off. This will allow you access to the locking mechanism.
5. There are only 2 screws holding te locking mechanism on.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2016 | Amana Washing Machines
Jan 10, 2016 | Amana Front Load Washing Machine Washer...
Feb 15, 2015 | Amana NTW4650YQ Top Load Washer
Sep 21, 2014 | Amana NFW7200TW 3.5 Cu. Ft. Front Load...
Aug 09, 2014 | Amana NFW7200TW 27-in. Washer Front...
Feb 07, 2014 | Amana 3.5 cu. ft. Front Load Washer
Jan 02, 2014 | Amana Front Load Washing Machine Washer...
Aug 23, 2009 | Maytag NFW7200TW Front Load Washer
Jun 23, 2009 | Amana 3.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer
Sep 25, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: