- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
My LG doesn't have one either, but I recall that they recommend using the "Rinse and Spin" feature. Add a bit of chlorine bleach, run the cycle, and then "always" leave the door ajar after each use so that the machine can dry out. Cleaning out the drain area at the bottom of the rubber door seal helps too. You'd be surprised what I've found there -- other than the usual dog and cat hair!
I have had this problem since I bought my washer. Some days the tub clean cycle will work....most days it won't. They have replaced the main board twice and it's still broken. I've had nothing but bad luck with LG appliances. Also bought a lemon fridge that took 4 repairman visits to fix. I will not buy another LG anything!!
Replace the water pump. Because the water can not pump out, the machine idles for a while then stops with the error code OE. The technician said, the drain hose should be hang high before curse down to the drainage so air can not go to the hose.
Thanks to a couple of previous responders, 6 months of frustration has now ended - I can now run the Tub Clean on my LG Steam Washer! I first want to say that it is important not to get excited and start pushing buttons randomly, as I think I had been doing for all these months when I couldn't get Tub Clean to work by pushing the button in for 3 seconds. Just do the following, which combines and expands on a couple of previous responses:
1. I had to deactivate the Spin Sense, and if your Spin Sense is ON, you will have to do this too. (It is ON if the spin speed light flashes while any of the wash cycles is in progress. If spin speed button does not flash while a wash cycle is in progress, the Spin Sense is already off.) So how to deactivate Spin Sense? Select Speed Wash, and start the cycle. Let it run for about 20 seconds and THEN push and HOLD IN in the Spin Sense option button for 3 seconds. The blinking spin speed button will stop blinking and you will then know that the Spin Sense is OFF.
2. Once Spin Sense is off: Start with your machine turned off. Then push the power button on and select the RINSE AND SPIN option button. Then START the Rinse and Spin cycle. Let it run for about 5 seconds and then PUSH IN AND HOLD THE TUB CLEAN OPTION BUTTON FOR 3 SECONDS. You will then see the little LED light panel show something that looks like tcl. And you are there! Just leave it alone .... the LED will change to one hour and 25 minutes. And it will clean your machine just great.
3. Don't forget to put your bleach in the detergent cup before you start all of this.
I want to thank the two responders above who gave me the essential features for this fix. I forgot to make a note of their names before I started this response, but you can see who they are. I am so excited. Now EVERYTHING works on my LG Steam Washing Machine. I love this machine. It is a miracle of cleaning, especially since I own 4 large breed dogs and am washing and sanitizing large hairy and smelly bedding each and every day. And I no longer have to iron anything - I just use the steam cycle to unwrinkle our clothes. Best washer I have ever owned (and I have owned another major brand of large capacity front loading washer before - no comparison).