Question about Altec Lansing VS2221 Computer Speakers
We just hooked up these speakers, the Altec Lansing VS2221 to our mac computer. We are getting a very spasticy scratchy noise when we turn the volume dial up and down. I am wondering what if any insight anyone might have. Thank you very much for your time.
It means that the volume pot is dirty.You need to find a way to get some WD-40 into the pot.This usualy requires that you take the access to the inside off and spray right inside the pot.Once you do this move the volume dial from min to max a few times and it should fix it.
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 05, 2011 | Altec Lansing GT5051 Computer Speakers
control panel,administrive tools,computer management,device manager,sound,right click select properties to either troubleshoot,uninstall,rollback driver
hope this helps
Oct 31, 2010 | Altec Lansing ADA 215 Computer Speakers
Dismantling Altec Lansing VS 2221 speakers to clean the switch/volume control
Tools: a medium Phillips screwdriver, a craft knife & a can of CO contact cleaner & extension.
1. Remove switch/volume control knob by pulling it off
2. Pull out the base for the stand if attached
3. Unscrew the 2 screws beside the wires
4. Remove the front gauze by prising it out from one of the bottom corners. Keep the gauze straight as it will need to be put back from the bottom to the top.
5. Remove the 2 screws at the top and the 4 long screws holding the speaker. The back will come apart from the front and sides. If it has been glued then use the craft knife to carefully cut the back away from the sides and/or prise it away with a little pressure on the sides.
6. Attach the extension to the can of contact cleaner.
7. Lift the circuit board out and squirt only the switch/volume control. Ensure you squirt the shaft and the internal parts of the switch/volume control. Turn the shaft a few times.
8. Allow the contact cleaner at least 1 hour to dry.
9. Test the speakers. If the noise is still there then repeat steps 6-9.
10. To assemble the speaker do the steps 1-5 in the opposite order.
I hope this is helpful
Jan 26, 2010 | Altec Lansing VS2221 Computer Speakers
Nov 26, 2009 | Altec Lansing AVS 500 Computer Speakers
Apr 16, 2009 | Altec Lansing VS2221 Computer Speakers
Jun 15, 2007 | Altec Lansing 641 Computer Speakers
Dec 18, 2006 | Altec Lansing VS2221 Computer Speakers
1,566 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!