Question about HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I don't seem to know how I can get to area of my HP printer to fix paper jam in carriage. Can you walk me through?
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Jan 14, 2011 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 01, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 08, 2010 | HP Officejet 4355 All-In-One InkJet...
May 26, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 4215 All-In-One InkJet...
May 12, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 09, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 16, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 18, 2008 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!