Question about Amana / AFI2538AEW
It is freezing everything, have on hottest thermostat setting possible. The water is not connected to the icemaker due to not having a water line to it. Freezer on bottom working fine.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Amana Icemaker not working
Sign guy, you have a bad water valve on your fridge. It's allowing a very small amount of water to bypass it and enter into the freezer section Ice Maker fill tube where it freezes. (I always pull those fill tubes out through the back of the fridge and run them under hot water, then blow through them to ensure that it's clear.) You'll need a new valve assy. for it. Open the fridge door and find the data tag, get the model number off of it and call your local appliance parts place. It'll be a dual coil valve assembly.
Posted on Jul 29, 2007
SOURCE: Amana French Door Bottom Freezer
see if there is any ice caught within the ice maker itself preventing proper cycling of the ice maker. if not pop off the white cover to the ice maker(theres small **** in the cover on bottom right corner of white cover to insert a ***** driver and twist the cover will pop off. look into the center of the main plastic gear, there should be 2 "tabs" holding that gear in place . as if you were to push gear on and the tabs would keep it in place.( reason i mention that it is/was a problem with the ice makers hat the gear would break and it was very noticeable looking into the center gear).if not, theres a detailed trouble shooter for the ice maker behind the kickplate(maybe taped up under front corner under cabinet) it will tell you points to check for power and jump out if necessary
Posted on Mar 12, 2008
SOURCE: anama bottom freezer
Chances are if they are getting cool -
1) the evaporator fan in the freezer is not running
2) Defrost heater has failed
3) Defrost sensor has failed
4) Defrost timer/refrigerator control has failed.
Check for ice build-up on the back wall of the freezer. If there is ice, unplug or turn the unit off for 6-8 hours with the doors open (put any food in a cooler with ice to maintain). Note water may come out of the refrigerator/freezer.
Plug the unit back in or turn it back on, close the doors, and check temperature after a couple of hours of operation. If all OK, you will need to have the above tested, or, if you know how to use a multimeter and can read a schematic/wiring diagram, I can instruct you on how to check the above.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
My dad's freezer handle is loose, model ABB2224DEW. Went to partselect.com and located drawing of freezer door parts. Found a link to a "do-it-yourselfer" that describes removal and replacement of the handle. Hopefully this helps.
Replacement of freezer door handle.
1. Removed freezer door handle. First I read the freezer door handle removal instructions in the Amana refrigerator user guide. Removing the handle requires inserting a plastic card at least 1.5 inches under the left end of the right side of the handle so it releases the butterfly clip latch on the freezer door. Next I pulled the right side of the handle to lift it away from the freezer door. Then still holding the handle away from the door, at the spot that is 1.5 inches from the inside of the right side of the handle, I held the plastic card vertically and slid one corner of it between the handle and the freezer door and worked the card down until it released the butterfly clip latch. Keeping the card at the same space under the handle so the latch was released, I then turned the card to the left until it was horizontal and was lifting the left end of the right door handle away from the freezer door. I then slid the handle across the card to the left until it cleared both door butterfly clip latches and it lifted off the door.
2. Installed freezer door handle. First I read the freezer door handle installation instructions in the Amana refrigerator user guide. The handle is curved on one edge and must be installed the curved side down. Correctly installed, the outside ends of the handle curve upward and the handle curve is down so it looks like a frowning mouth. Next holding the handle curved edge down, I turned it up so I could see the brackets and held it against the door. I lined up the handle brackets slightly to the left of the butterfly clips on the freezer door. Next I turned the handle with the brackets against the freezer door and slid it slightly to the right until the left side of the handle held onto the door butterfly clip by itself but was not latched. Then I lined up the right handle bracket with the right freezer door butterfly clip and carefully slid the whole handle to the right until I heard the left butterfly clip latch click. Next I slid the handle back slightly left once more and then slid it back to the right until I heard the right butterfly clip latch click.
Parts Used: HANDLE, DOOR (WHT) Level of difficulty: Difficult Time to do repair: 30 - 60 mins
Posted on May 29, 2009
You can get to it, it is just a matter of figuring which valve has gone bad. You may need to disconnect different lines and actuate the water dispenser to see if water comes out of the valve. You gain access to the valves from behind the machine by removing the access panel that is at the bottom
Posted on Jun 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2011 | Amana AFI2538AE (25.6 cu. ft.) Bottom...
Feb 05, 2011 | GE 23.1 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator...
Mar 22, 2010 | Amana Refrigerators
Jan 21, 2010 | Refrigerators
Jul 03, 2009 | Amana ARB224RCW Bottom Freezer...
Apr 20, 2009 | GE Monogram ZISS480DRSS Stainless Steel
Sep 26, 2008 | Amana ABB1927DE Bottom Freezer...
Jul 16, 2008 | Amana ASD 2624 Side by Side Refrigerator
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: