Question about Samsung Televison & Video
Samsung tv, i believe 46", flat screen, model number LNT4066FX/XAA, Version SS04. When i plug the tv in the power and red light on the front just flash on and off until i unplug it again. screen does not come on and Im a Toyota tech and pretty tech savvy so i shouldn't have a problem fixing it, if i could just figure out what the problem part is. any help would be great. thanks in advance.
General info first and then some photos---
I see so many here with no sound/no picture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signs of damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down the problem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the generic ones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don't put a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses a standby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined and some not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on the power/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--I attach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flat and have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating (saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs 7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over. If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in this photo.
The standby runs 7/24 and to save money they use caps close to the actual voltage---not too smart but saves money when making and the get hot and dry out inside---hence the puff which is really nice as if have that 95% of the time if replace the caps (slightly higher working voltage please) you have a working set.
Posted on Nov 06, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
wont turn on red light just flashes?
On my samsung flat screen tv when you are watching the televison there is no red light on the power button but when you turn the television off the red light stays on all the time? what can I do to turn this light off?
Posted on Oct 29, 2008
SOURCE: Red Light Flashing 6 times
When the lamp fails in this unit, often the thermal fuse opens. The error code is 6 blinks. To replace this part requires a great deal of deal of disassembly.
Posted on Mar 29, 2008
SOURCE: flashing red light
Your power supply is faulty I'm afraid. Unless you have soldering skills, I am afraid you will need to contact a professional TV repair person. If you feel confident to try the repair, contact me with the model number, and I will let you know what components you need to change
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
SOURCE: Lamp problem or else?
You need to get the ballast repair kit #LSUC0002 and replace the parts to your ballast.
I have the exact same TV, did the above this past weekend, and the TV works like new.
You need to know how to solder though. It's not that hard.
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2016 | Samsung Televison & Video
Oct 16, 2012 | Samsung LN-S4692D 46 in. LCD HDTV
Jul 18, 2011 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jun 19, 2011 | Samsung Televison & Video
Dec 15, 2010 | Samsung LN-T4671F 46 in. LCD Television
Aug 19, 2010 | Samsung LNT4066F 40 in. LCD Television
Apr 04, 2010 | Samsung LNT4066F 40 in. LCD Television
Dec 31, 2009 | Samsung LN-T4065F Television
Jul 08, 2009 | Samsung LN46A650 46 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 13, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
566 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!