Question about RCA 46 46LA45RQ LCD TV
I see so many here with no sound/no picture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signs of damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down the problem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the generic ones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don't put a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses a standby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined and some not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on the power/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--I attach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flat and have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating (saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs 7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over. If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in this photo.
Posted on Nov 06, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2016 | RCA L46WD250 46 in. LCD HDTV
Jun 09, 2011 | RCA L32WD22 32 in. LCD HDTV
Oct 02, 2009 | RCA R52WH73 Projection Television
Dec 05, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
Nov 07, 2007 | RCA L32WD12 32 in. LCD HDTV
233 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!