Question about Computers & Internet
First thing, check to see if the is a floppy disk in the floppy drive, if so removes this disk. If there was no disk in the floppy drive then it may be a hard disk problem.
Check the BIOS to see if the hard disk is detected, if not open the case and re-seat the data cable on the hard drive and also where it connects to the motherboard disk controller.
If it still gives this error message and the BIOS does not detect this hard drive, then the hard drive is probably faulty.
To get the computer operating again, install a new hard drive in your computer and then install Windows on this hard drive plus the computer's device drivers and your programs.
Posted on Nov 06, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
So the computer will not post! Try these steps.
So basically you cannot get the pc to POST. Meaning you have just a black screen when you power on the pc, right?
First off, did you attempt to update BIOS before this happened. 90% of the time this is caused by a corrupt bios.
If you did not try to update BIOS before the problem started then try these troubleshooting steps.
1. Full power down. Unplug the power cord from the Power supply. Then hold down the pc power button.
Try to boot the pc.
2. Open the case and reseat the graphics card, hard drive, and RAM.
3. Take out one of the RAM sticks if there is 2 or more. Swap the RAM sticks in different RAM slots.
4. Set the Cmos jumper to clear. Power up the pc. Power down the PC. Set the Cmos jumper back to normal position, power up the PC.
5. Unplug and replug all the power supply cables.
6. Check the powersupply function. Either by a powersupply voltage checker, put the powersupply in a different pc, or try a different powersupply in the problem computer.
That covers almost everything,,
If still nothing then possibly bad Motherboard or CPU.
Posted on Jul 06, 2009
SOURCE: Disk Boot Failure
Any system can be recovered, although it depends on what is wrong.. this error can mean no info on the hard disk, or damaged hd...more than likely whoever had the computer erased it for data's sake...I would've...get an os and load it.
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
1. Remove All External Devices
2. Check the Computer's Power LED
3. If the power LED has not changed unplug the Power Cable From the Computer Disconnect All Hard Drive Power and Data Cables and power on the computer. If still no go.
4. Remove All PCI, PCI-E, and AGP Expansion Cards .
5. Remove All Memory From the Computer
6. Reseat the ATX and 12-Volt Connections . The ATX connector will be a 4 pin square connector connecting to the motherboard from the power supply and the 12-Volt Connection would be the biggest connector with a lot of colored wires.
7. If still no go.
8. Disconnect the Power Connection to the Chassis Fan
9. If the light still flashes then it could be a power supply or motherboard failure. Try a good know power supply first and if that does not fix the problem it is the motherboard. Also check the back of the tower for 4 lights lables ABCD or 1234.
Rate if useful.
Posted on Aug 11, 2009
Go and press F2 then find Load Default or something similar as each BIOS is different.
If it then loads, change the cmos battery.
Posted on Feb 19, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 19, 2014 | Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer...
Jan 03, 2013 | Dell Dimension 1100 PC Desktop
Nov 07, 2012 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Jul 26, 2011 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Mar 25, 2011 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Mar 05, 2011 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Nov 02, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Jul 18, 2009 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Apr 03, 2009 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!