Im trying to set my ps3 to wireless network
Welcome to Fixya. Before we connect the PS3 console to the internet we must be familiar with the settings of the router. Listed below are the steps on how to access the router and how to connect the console to the internet wirelessly.
How to access the Router:
1. You need to know the ipaddress of your router. You can refer to the manual or check the Default Gateway of your computer (Make sure that you connect the computer to the router using an ethernet cable for you to get the Default Gateway). Click on START then RUN. Type CMD on the small box on the lower left of the screen. Type IPCONFIG on the black window and get the value of your DEFAULT GATEWAY (it starts with 192.168.x.x)
2. Open a Browser, Type the DEFAULT GATEWAY on the address bar of your Browser. It will ask you for a username and password. (Refer to the manual of your router or post a reply so that i can provide you the username and password of your router)
3. Go to the Wireless Settings Page of your router. Look for the SSID or the Network Name and the Network Key or Passphrase. You can personalize it so that you can easily remember the details.
4. Make sure you connect to your SSID and enter the Network Key to make it secure.
Steps on Connecting PS3
1. Power-cycle ALL network equipment. Turn off (unplug) ALL of your network equipment, including any Wireless Access Points, Routers, Voice Over IP (VOIP) Modems, and Broadband Modems for two (2) full minutes.
2. Confirm that your internet connection is enabled. in the home menu, go to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection and select Enabled.
3. Scroll down to Internet Connection Settings and When prompted, "Do you want to continue?" select Yes. On the next screen, select Wireless as your connection method. Pick "Scan"
4. From the list, pick your SSID.
5.On the next screen, press right on the directional pad to continue
6. Pick your WLAN Security Setting (either WEP or WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK). If none, pick None (and skip the next step).
7. If you selected a Security Setting, enter your Security Key or Network Key with the keyboard. Press the Start button to exit the onscreen keyboard. Press right on the directional pad to proceed to the next screen.
8. The system will check your network configuration settings and display the information. Save the Settings.
9. Test the connection on the next screen.
10. When the test is complete (usually less than a minute), it will display the results ("Succeeded" or "Failed"). If you have successfully connected to your network, Congratulations, you have completed the network setup process.
If you have questions please let me know. Thanks for using Fixya.
Apr 21, 2011 |
Video Game Consoles & Games