Question about Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Water slow to spin out, where and how can the filter be cleaned.
Also tub fills with water when off. I have have to shut the incoming water valve off to prevent this.
Is there a solenoid valve that controls incoming water that may be stuck open from time to time? This does not happen continually. Any help will be appreciated.
To access the pump drain filter, follow the instructions in the link provided:
It is recommended by the manufacturer that if the pump still does not operate correctly after cleaning, to replace it. It does not take much to damage the motor and impeller of these small drain pumps.
The water fill problem is usually caused by a water inlet valve that is not shutting off properly. To access the fill valve solenoids follow these steps:
1. Unplug the washer.
2. Remove the top panel of the washer by removing the three screws that hold the panel in place in the rear of the washer. With the screws removed, the panel will slide back, and then off.
3. The inlet valve is located at the left rear of the washer (as viewed from the front). This is where the fill hoses attach.
4. A resistance reading of the valve solenoids should be between 750 and 850 ohms.
If you live in an area that has hard water, or if you use well water it is common for sediment and/or deposits to accumulate in the water inlet valve and cause problems with either filling or shutting off. you can attempt to remove the valve and clean it to see if this will correct the problem. Use white distilled vinegar to submerge the plastic portion of the valve in. DO NOT submerge the electrical contacts. Sometimes soaking in vinegar will dissolve and remove hard water deposits and sediment. If you wish to simply replace the valve, follow these steps:
1. Leave washer unplugged and remove electric connections to inlet valve.
2. Shut off water supply and remove fill hoses from the back of the washer.
3. Remove the dispenser hose from the inlet valve and remove mounting screw(s).
4. Install replacement valve in the reverse order of the steps provided.
Replacement parts can be purchased on line at searspartsdirect.com, repairclinic.com, or appliancepartspros.com. All three sites have great service and offer competitive pricing. I would recommend checking with all three sites for the best price. Use your model number to initiate your search.
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 31, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Aug 21, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Apr 06, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jul 30, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 26, 2008 | Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
Jan 26, 2008 | Kenmore 44102 Front Load Washer
Nov 08, 2007 | Kenmore 46462 Front Load Washer
Nov 19, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
487 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: