Question about HP Mini 210-1030NR Netbook
I tried turning on using the charger only but still doesnt work...help..''
Posted by Anonymous on
Here below are possible causes and troubleshooting steps of laptop that can't power on, hope it may help:
1. AC adapter failure.
2. Power jack failure.
3. Motherboard failure.
Possible troubleshooting steps and repair solutions:
1. Test the AC adapter with a digital multimeter. It's possible that you have a failed AC adapter. If you don't have a multimeter, test your laptop with another known good AC adapter.
2.It's possible that power jack (socket where you plug the AC adapter) is broken. Remove the motherboard and take a closer look at the power jack. In some cases you can fix the jack by resoldering it on the motherboard. In other cases you have to replace the jack with a new one. Using a multimeter, test if the power goes to the motherboard through the jack.
3. If replacing the AC power adapter and jack on the motherboard doesn't help, most likely you have a bad motherboard. Replace the motherboard.
Replacement HP Mini 210 AC Adapter Cord 30Watt 19V 1.58A
Posted on Nov 07, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My HP Compaq nx9030 wont turn on
try to remove your memory/ies. then plug it to ac power without battery, if it turns on try to unplug and put back the memory module (one by one if more than 1). plug and switch on if it works then put everything back if not, you ned to replacethe memory.
Hope this helps.
Please vote if it does.Thanks!
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
1. Test power adapter for output voltage. Bend the power cable in various directions while doing this to be sure that there is no broken conductors in the cable.
2. If power adapter is Ok, connect it & see if the power LED on the laptop will glow when you jiggle the power connector in various directions. If yes, then the DC jack might be loose or damaged, & need to be either re-soldered or replaced.
3. If not, then disassemble the laptop. Remove any components that attach to the laptop's motherboard first (e.g. battery, hard drive, RAM, wireless card, optical drive, ... etc.)
4. Next, remove the keyboard & the LCD screen.
5. Finally, unscrew all screws that hold the upper cover & lower cover together so that you could gain access to the motherboard.
6. Inspect the solder points connecting the DC jack to the motherboard. Make sure that none of them is loose. If any, re-solder them.
7. Inspect the center pin in the DC jack. Make sure that it is not broken or loose. If it is, then you might need to replace the DC jack.
8. When you are done, re-assemble back the laptop.
Posted on Oct 10, 2010
Maybe you have disconnected the small cable which connects the power button to the motherboard. Or your charging unit at the back of your laptop is faulty, take the cover off and click the button without it on maybe a alternative. Only other solution would be have you had a powercut recently?
Posted on Apr 21, 2012
SOURCE: hi my hp mini netbook turned itself off and wont turn back on. iv tried takin the battery out and put it back in. iv also tried leaving it plugged in for a while and nothing. the hp symbol comes up an
Computer does not boot up The problem maybe the RAM, it is faulty or just needs reseating to make proper electrical contact.
Reseat the RAM and then boot up your laptop. If it still does not boot up then remove the RAM module/s and take them to your friendly computer repair shop and get them to test the RAM for you. Just like you sometimes need a mechanic to repair your car, sometimes you do need a technician to diagnose and identify the fault or faults on your computer. Not only does a good service technican have the experience to deal with this type of problem, they also have the equipment that allows them to look at things the average computer user can't see, and he has a collection of replacement parts that can be used to quickly test individual components on your computer.
Posted on Oct 24, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 04, 2011 | HP Mini 1000 Netbook
May 19, 2011 | Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset
May 19, 2011 | HP Mini 110-1037NR Netbook
Sep 16, 2010 | HP Mini 1000 Netbook
May 20, 2010 | Lenovo IdeaPad S10e Netbook
Dec 26, 2009 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK Netbook
Jun 05, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Apr 18, 2008 | HP Compaq nx9030 Notebook
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: