Won't print.Press Resume button, and printer gives a short grunt,doesn't print, and light keeps blinking. Had been having some difficulty with paper pulling into printer,paper doesn't move at all now. Removed back cover,but found no evidence of any paper jam. Have tried turning off power for 30 seconds,and reconnecting,but makes no difference,
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Before you buy your cartridge let the Serial no be sure...
Ink absorber is need to reset you printer... Follow this instruction step by step to reset your printer..
1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal. Thank.
buttons and lights
The HP Deskjet printer buttons let you turn the printer on and off, cancel a
print job, or resume printing. The lights give you visual cues about the state
of the printer
** Pressing this button cancels the current print job.
print cartridge status symbol and light
**The light above the Print Cartridge Status symbol flashes when a print
cartridge is low on ink or incorrectly installed.
resume button and light
**The light above the Resume button flashes when an action is required such
as loading paper or clearing a paper jam. When the problem is fixed, press
the Resume button to continue printing.
power button and light
The Power button turns the printer on and off. It takes approximately five
seconds for the printer to turn on after you press the Power button. The green
light above the Power button flashes when printing is in progress.
Caution! Always use the Power button on the front of the printer to turn
the printer on and off. Using a power strip, surge protector, or a wallmounted switch to turn the printer on and off may cause premature
Dear Asker how would i know this error is for which printer so i am assuming it's cannon. Sometimes the Canon printers which use PG-5BK/CL-8 colour cartridges
with chips will give error mesaages like 6502 or other types of error
meaasge to do with the cartridges, which has the orange light flashing
and the printer will not work. Follow this procedure which quite often
resets the printer and allows it to resume printing.
When error is indicated, turn power switch off so green light is
First hold down resume button and then hold down power button so both
are held down at same time
When green light comes on, continue holding down power button and let
resume button go, then press resume button twice. Then let power button
Then press resume button four times, power button should be
releasedbefore doing this.
Wait until printer settles down, if power is off, turn on. If power will
not come on, remove power cord from back of printer, then wait 15
seconds before plugging back in again and turn power on. This normally
solves the error problem - if not go through same procedure again.
Incidentally, you may find that if the chips had previously been
disabled,the low ink warnings are showing againand they will have to be
disabled once more. This would indicate that the above procedure clears
the firmware memory of the disabling of the chips, this may be usefull
if you need some warranty work done on you printer after the chips had
been disabled. Canon does warn that disabling the chips may result in
the printer's warranty being voided
Canon IP 2000 / reset
1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal..
The first error was waste ink near full which you can bypass with resume button, now the absorber is full which means it won't print until you have the drain pack replaced and the counter reset by a shop.
1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal. Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
You will see 3 led lights on the printer. They will blink continously if:
if the print cartridge status light is flashing
-- check if the top cover is open, Close the top cover. -- there may be a problem with a print cartridge 1. Verify that the correct print cartridges are installed. 2. Check if a print cartridge is low on ink or improperly installed.
if the resume light is flashing
-- the printer may be out of paper 1. Place paper in the In tray. 2. Press the Resume button on the front of
-- the printer may be ready to print the second side of a two-sided document 1. Follow the onscreen instructions for printing the second side. 2. Press the Resume button.
if the power light is flashing
-- the printer is preparing to print -- The light stops flashing when the printer has received all data.
if all lights are flashing
-- the printer may need to be restarted 1. Press the Power button to turn off the printer, then press the Power button to restart the printer.Proceed to step 2 if the lights continue to flash. 2. Press the Power button to turn off the printer. 3. Disconnect the printer from the power source. 4. Reconnect the printer to the power source.Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
Two ﬂashes: Out of paper, paper jam or paper feed error Replace the paper correctly and press the RESUME/CANCEL button. If paper has jammed in the printer, clear the jam and press the RESUME/CANCEL button.
Three ﬂashes: Paper jam If paper has jammed in the printer, clear the jam, replace the paper in the printer correctly and press the RESUME/CANCEL button.
Four ﬂashes: Empty ink tank One of the ink tanks is empty. Replace it.
Six ﬂashes: No print head installed Install a print head.
Seven ﬂashes: Defective print head Remove and reinstall the print head. Also, ensure that the protective tape has been removed. If reinstalling the print head does not resolve the problem, replace it with a new one.
Eight ﬂashes: Waste ink tank almost full The printer has a built-in waste ink tank for the ink used during print head cleaning. Eight ﬂashes indicates that the waste ink tank is nearly full. Press the RESUME/CANCEL button to cancel the error so you can continue printing. Before the waste ink tank becomes completely full, contact a Canon service representative to have the waste ink tank replaced. Canon recommends to call for service as soon as this error occurs. Once the waste ink tank becomes completely full, printing will be no longer possible.