So I replaced fuse but new one blew after 2 seconds.Now it seems I have to replace at the same time the Monitor Switch...WHERE IS IT LOCATED ?It was working fine for some years and 6 months ago there was problem reading LCD display.Yesterday , the microwave it went out with a BANG. I do not see any burnt wire or anything though.Thanks for any help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The only thing inside a microwave oven that draws enough current to blow a fuse is the magnetron that generates the microwaves to provide the cooking power. Based on the age of the unit (approx 15 years) it is most likely best to just replace it as repairs at that level are not cost effective. Newer units cook better and faster using less power these days.
test the following steps and fix it.use the VOM God bless you 1. No power to outlet (overload or fault in microwave or other appliance).
2. Blown main fuse - likely due to other problems.
3. Open thermal protector or thermal fuse.
4. Defective controller or its power supply.
5. Clock needs to be set before other functions will operate (some models).
Usually, when your microwave oven doesn't work it all, the internal fuse (thermal fuse) is blown. This fuse protects both you and the oven. When it blows, you need to have a qualified appliance repair technician replace it.
many people have been electrocuted with an unplugged microwave due to the enormous residual charge inside.
you can now get a new microwave at walmart for fifty bucks..........why monkey with a ten year old unit.
sound like the door monitor switched has blown or shifted out of position if the switches dont operate in tandem when door is opened or closed it will blow the 10 amp fuse and kill the display they will need to be checked by engineer if it is monitor switch they are not expensive to replace.