Question about Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: canon multifunction printer
I believe that he is reffering to the waste ink tank where the cartriges stop to the right when not being used. There are two small foam pads over there.
I cleaned mine by opening lid and have carriage run to the left, then I reach in with a q-tip and press down repeatly until q-tips are almost clean. You will need a flashlight to see waht you are doing.
Posted on Feb 19, 2008
How to reset the Canon MP150 after a refill (Step 10 concerns refill; instructions below the steps):
Method1 (Safe Factory Method):
1) Disconnect the printer’s power outlet
2) Press and hold the power button while connecting the power outlet back.
3) While still holding down the power button, press the reset button twice.(red circle with a triangle)
4) Release the power button
The printer takes about 10 seconds to show the number 0.
5) Press + to change the value from 0 to 1.
6) When this value is 1, press colour button; this will light up two leds.
One is for plain paper and the other for photo paper. At this point is feed the printer with paper.
7) Press the power button twice and the printer will print a some stuff (if it doesn't print by itself, then press the "color" button once and the test sheet will print). Don’t worry much about the printed material. I got some stripped lines and some numbers. I believe that my colour cartridge is clogged which is why I got the green strips.
When you print this sheet the value in the display returns to zero.
8 ) Open the printer cover cover (not the scanner cover) and remove the cartridges. With the printer still open, disconnect the power outlet.
9) Close the lid and turn on the printer.
10) Refill cartridges and place them back in their nice little abode in the printer.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
There's a small switch under where the ink tank goes on the left side of the carriage. You have to make sure you install the right side of the ink first, under the lip, and then press down the left side. When the switch goes bad, you need a new carriage which means you get a new print engine. Costs as much as a new printer.
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
U072 Some ink tanks are not installed in
Install the ink tank(s) in the correct position.
This in write in service manual.If a have been useful pls give me a vote :)
Mar 07, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP620 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 18, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Nov 13, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP540 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 07, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 08, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 04, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP800 All-In-One InkJet...
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!