Question about Hotpoint Washing Machines
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
f01 means motor fault. remove motor and check the brushes. if ok then fault could either be motor or pcb which is faulty.
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
SOURCE: Error Code F01
Hi there, After about year and half Whirlpool duet sport gave F01 error code. The technician manual is located under the lower front panel. There are three possible reasons for F0: 1) EEPROM ERROOR. Unplug a washer for two minutes. Try running it again. (Did not work for me). 2) MAIN RELAYS ERROR. The tech manual suggests replacing CCU. The following is what I did and it fixed the problem, however. Unplug the washer. Remove the top cover by removing the three screws on the back. The CCU unit is in the right bottom corner if standing in front of the washer – it has a lot of wiring. Plug in the unit. While listening to the CCU start any washing cycle. After pressing START you should hear the relay to click. If it clicks twice, within a less than a second, it has a problem. Unplug the washer. Without disconnecting any wires remove the CCU cage from the washer wall. Stand now on the right hand side of the washer in such way that the CCU cage is under your left hand. Pull the right upper corner of the CCU plastic cage (it has a tab) away from you, slide the cage to the right by about an inch, and pull the entire cage away from you. Now knock on the back side of the cage 4-5 times with a bit of force (watch “Armageddon” movie for more instructions on it). Install the CCU cage back. Plug in the unit. Try some washing cycle again. If it did not help, repeat the procedure. If it did not work again, see the following. 3) PUMP DRIVE ERROR. The tech manual suggests replacing CCU.
Posted on Jun 06, 2009
SOURCE: F01 error code
I've fixed Indesit WITE 107 F-01 failure error!
We have the washer like 3 years and the F-01 error kept showing irregularly since one year ago - just after the warranty expiration. Usually unpluging the washer from the power supply solved the problem, sometimes immediately, but mostly overnight. When we moved from flat to country house, the problems frequency slightly increased. Till last couple of days it was still bearable. But in the recent days the error didn't even show up, and the motor was not turning at all. Just the pump was pumping the water in and out, so the program got hanging somewhere. So resolution became necessary. I've contacted tow servicemen yesterday, but none of them answered yet - well it's weekend. But as usually, when you ask for help, you'd find it on your own right after. So I decided to look at it myself.
- unplugged the washer power supply, closed the water
- unscrewed two screws that hold the control panel
- removed the panel - you need the lid to be semi-opened
- (re-conected all connectors to fix any possible oxidation or unpluging - then tried the washer, but problem persisted)
- unscrewed all screws that hold the side cover - only the right one had actually been necessary (when standing in front of the washer)
- unscrewed all four screws hidden under the bottom cover in the front of the washer that hides also the filter (those still hold the side cover)
- unscrewed two more screws at the top back of the washer - they hold the circuit board to the washer body - it needs to be loose
- by pulling the top side of the washer up by the lid and pushing the side cover away "to the back" (with a screwdriver), see how the side cover is held by the top, remove the side cover
- observed the motor and immediately saw heavy corrosion at the ground connection (yellow-green wire) at the motor board and possible slight oxidation at one other connetion of the black wire
- using sand paper and screwdriver I've cleaned the contact together with the connector and tried the washer - still no effect
- cleaned the black wire connection with the same way
- tried the washer (spinning program) and - voila! It works!
- tried unplugging the black wire and running the spinning program - both the motor AND the pump didn't start
So, it looks to me that the problem was in an oxidation of the black wire connection - that is apparently a power supply for both the pump and the motor, that caused insufficient voltage and thus a power for the motor but probably still enough for the pump. The randomness of the problem was probably caused by humidity in the room and maybe some more factors - the washer is actually opened from the bottom so when I test the washer more times and see this as a solution, I'll probably cover the connetors with silicon to avoid corrosion or oxidation in the future.
Here are also some tips for putting all together:
When removing the side cover something fell from it inside. It was a plastic lath that is placed on the nearer edge of the cover and fits both onto the edge of the cover and the adjacent edge of the washer. It's a bit tricky to put it all back plus there is a plastic piece at the bottom of the side cover that is fixed there also very loosely and keeps falling inside when srewing the filter side screws - but this can be fixed with pliers adjusting the edge of the side cover to make the plastic to fit there tightly
So if you are a bit handsome, try this before calling the service. It might help. And also you'll know your washer a bit more.
Posted on Jun 13, 2009
Hi F1 means your CCU is bad and needs to be replaced sorry :( If you have any other questions please feel free to comment again. Mike
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
The F1 error code on this washer indicates a Primary Control Board failure.
It is likely that the machine control board will need to be replaced to correct this problem.
The part number for the machine control board is undetermineable because you have not provided me with the exact model # of your washer.
The procedure for replacing the machine control board is provided HERE
NOTE: Be sure to unplug the washer to disconnect electrical power before accessing internal components.
There is a slight possibility that a problem with the pressure switch hose could be causing this problem.
A pinched or twisted air hose can cause this fault code.
When you open the console, check the air hose connected to the pressure switch on the machine control board.
If it is pinched or crimped, I recommend rerouting the hose to resolve this problem.
This may fix your problem without replacing the control board.
NOTE: You may want to check for this condition before ordering the control board. Most electronic control boards cannot be returned for a refund or credit.
If you find no apparent problems with the air hose on the pressure switch, then replacing the machine control board on this washer should correct your problem. There is a risk involved in replacing this part yourself.
As noted above, you could have a problem with the air pressure hose that is not apparent upon your initial inspection. A service technician would normally need to properly and thoroughly diagnose this problem before replacing the control board.
This advice is for Kenmore Elite and Whirlpool Duet model front loading washers. If you experience a problem where the door becomes jammed and will not unlock or open, here's an easy way to gain access inside your washer WITHOUT calling the repairman.
1. Remove the lower panel under the door by loosening the three screws under the bottom edge on the front of the washer. HINT: If you prop up the front feet of the washer with some small blocks of wood, this will make access to the screws much easier.
2. With the screws removed, the lower panel should drop down then come off. If the panel sticks, a light tap on either side will knock it loose.
3. Reach your hand up inside the washer behind the front casing on the right-hand side. This is where the door latch assembly is located.
4. At the bottom of the door latch assembly is a small pull tab. This is the manual release for the door. Pull the tab straight down and the door will come open.
Sometimes these doors will not unlock for whatever reason. If there are no error codes being generated, this could have just been a momentary glitch. If you see "Fdl" or "Fdu" error codes, these are usually indications of a failed door latch assembly and will require replacement.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2016 | Sears Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer 69278
Dec 17, 2013 | Maytag Dryers
Hello & Welcome to FixYa
Error Code F01 means that the control is either bad or the wiring harness to the control has some issues. Please check the control board for any bad components as you might need complete replacement of the control. Please get back to me if you have any other questions.
Oct 04, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Aug 18, 2011 | Washing Machines
Apr 12, 2010 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Jan 22, 2010 | Hotpoint Ultima WF860 Front Load Washer
Aug 22, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Mar 21, 2009 | Hotpoint Ultima WF860 Front Load Washer
Feb 05, 2009 | Washing Machines
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: