Question about Nintendo Wii Fit for Wii

1 Answer

"Step Off Me and Press A" message while not on wii board

When Wii Fit starts it says "Step Off Me and Press A" but I'm not standing on the Wii Fit Board. The Wii Board test works fine and says the board is operating good, but Wii Fit will not get past above message.

Posted by on

  • 6 more comments 
  • bjohnsonreal Feb 17, 2009

    I have the same problem, I cannot go any further :( Step off me and press A and no one is standing on it!!!

  • S_L_W Feb 17, 2009

    I have the same problem it just started last night, I took off the silicone cover, took out the batteries, even grounded the unit thinking it might be static. I'm out of ideas!

  • jmjunio Feb 24, 2009

    I have the same exact problem. ""Step Off Me and Press A" message while not on wii board". I even tried to resync but it did not help.

  • Anonymous Apr 19, 2009

    I have the same problem. The advise above didn't cure the problem - any other ideas?

  • VentureForth May 11, 2010

    Are you using any sort of gel or silicone cover on the Balance Board?

  • drjdwebmaste
    drjdwebmaste Jan 27, 2012

    here's what worked for me, posted by someone else!

    By avatarmikec757 308 days ago

    It is not a problem with syncing. It has to do with one of the corner sensors. I have repaired many in the past with this problem and 98% of the time, the screw inside of the board on the foot closest to the orange and white stick was too tight causing the sensor to always be on. The other 2% is most likely some damage with the circuit board which would require a repair from Nintendo.

    The Repair:
    with the board on and synced, go to the training menu and enter the part of the game where it tells you to step off and press A. Flip the board over and with a phillips head screw driver, unscrew the three screws around the foot I mentioned above. Remove the pieces and you will find a large Torx T30 bit under that holds a metal plate to the top of the sensor block. If you don't have that, a Flat head screw driver that fits in the slot will work. Slightly loosen that screw. Just enough so that its a little looser but not too much because it will cause that side not to function at 100%. After doing this attach the foot and plastic piece and screw the three screws in most of the way. Flip over and press A and the system should go past the error. IF not repeat the steps with little adjustments until the problem is resolved.

    ----

    TOOK ME 2 MIN 2 FIX!

  • drjdwebmaste
    drjdwebmaste Jan 27, 2012

    here's what worked for me, posted by someone else!

    By avatarmikec757 308 days ago

    It is not a problem with syncing. It has to do with one of the corner sensors. I have repaired many in the past with this problem and 98% of the time, the screw inside of the board on the foot closest to the orange and white stick was too tight causing the sensor to always be on. The other 2% is most likely some damage with the circuit board which would require a repair from Nintendo.

    The Repair:
    with the board on and synced, go to the training menu and enter the part of the game where it tells you to step off and press A. Flip the board over and with a phillips head screw driver, unscrew the three screws around the foot I mentioned above. Remove the pieces and you will find a large Torx T30 bit under that holds a metal plate to the top of the sensor block. If you don't have that, a Flat head screw driver that fits in the slot will work. Slightly loosen that screw. Just enough so that its a little looser but not too much because it will cause that side not to function at 100%. After doing this attach the foot and plastic piece and screw the three screws in most of the way. Flip over and press A and the system should go past the error. IF not repeat the steps with little adjustments until the problem is resolved.

    ----

    TOOK ME 2 MIN 2 FIX!

  • Patricia Brown
    Patricia Brown Feb 03, 2014

    I just purchased the Wii Mini with the Wii Fit Plus Bundle. Everything seems to work til I get to where it tells me to stand on the board. Once I'm on I hear ooohhh and then I hear stand still. Then a message comes on that says "I can't seem to find you! Can anyone help?

×

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

When you get this message, lift the board off the ground, press A, and wait until you get to the confirmation screen before placing the board back on the ground. You may have to try a few times to get the timing right. I have no idea why it thinks someone is on the board, but this workaround has solved the problem for us. Good luck.

Posted on Feb 25, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My Wii intec induction charger model G5857 wont charge my Wii batteries.The charger worked 4 1 year.I don't know which is the problem.I don't want 2 spend more money on a new set of batteries/charger.


first are you now using li batteries or nicad batteries
small chargers are battery composition specific
secondly-- chargers for aa /aaa batteries are cheap so get a new charger for the batteries in use

Jan 08, 2017 | Intec Video Game Consoles & Games

1 Answer

I'm losing my connection...


It sounds like you've refused an Xbox Live Update at some point.
You can go into your system options and see if there's an update available.
To check for an update on the Xbox 360 you basically force a new Xbox Live connection:
  1. Press the Guide button (center logo button), bringing up the pop-up menu
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Select System Settings
  4. Select Network Settings
  5. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network if you're on wifi
  6. Select Test Xbox Live Connection
  7. Select Yes if prompted to update. If you're not prompted and the test completes successfully, you have the most recent update.
If that doesn't work try this link http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/67807343

Jan 08, 2017 | The Video Game Consoles & Games

1 Answer

I need the password of sniper elite reloaded


You can connect usb car charger the Garmin Zumo 550 to your motorbike with both an u-bolt mount or a clutch mount - which ever 1 you prefer. AmanStino Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart shell Stand Cover with Auto Wake...

Dec 31, 2016 | The Video Game Consoles & Games

3 Answers

What is this please help please


Have you read the last line of that message. Perhaps that would be a good place to start

Jul 16, 2014 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games

1 Answer

Won't display games in 1080p on PS3


Being Sharp authorized dealer for past 11 yrs. it is one of two problems. 1- Get updated software from Sharp Online. 2- The T-con or otherwise known as controller board has a defect. This board controls all resolution lines and formats down to pixels on your screen. Let me tell you we have a box with several hundred of these boards with various defects all associated to picture and resolution problems. let me know what you find.... EXPERT-TECH@LIVE.COM

Mar 17, 2014 | Video Game Consoles & Games

1 Answer

How to connect netflix to wii


Please watch this video to help you.

- Matt

Feb 09, 2014 | Video Game Consoles & Games

2 Answers

When i want to play cue club game the mouse speed became very very slow but when exit then normal.


Right Click on the Cue Club Icon and click on properties, and a box will appear
image_thumb12.png?imgmax=800
Step 2
Click on the compatibility tab on the box
image_thumb10.png?imgmax=800
Step 3
Check the Run this program ....... box and press OK
image_thumb7.png?imgmax=800
Now You are done Thanks for reading

Feb 14, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games

2 Answers

Opposite controls


Had a very similar problem recently. I bought a new controller and that solved the problem. 2 of my controllers have ended up useless playing fifa, although pointing at the wii menu is now problem. Its a strange one but the new wiimote works perfect

Jan 05, 2009 | Nintendo Fifa 09 for Wii

Not finding what you are looking for?
Nintendo Wii Fit for Wii Logo

Related Topics:

1,515 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games Experts

Raj Patel

Level 3 Expert

851 Answers

Troy Gorman
Troy Gorman

Level 3 Expert

508 Answers

phil

Level 2 Expert

567 Answers

Are you a Nintendo Video Game Console and Game Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...