Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router (e125894)
Hi all. In my house we have 3 computers. 1 Desktop, 2 laptops. For christmas we decided to upgrade our previous linksys (wired) router and go wireless. It was quite easy to set-up, except the desktop, connected to the comcast modem and router has stopped connecting to the internet. In fact we can not even open mozilla firefox anymore to get the error screen. The laptops can connect fine both wired and wireless, so I'm not sure if it's the desktop, the router or a mismatch between both. The computer is on the older side, but in good working condition. Would crashing it and starting over be a good solution. How exactly do you purposely crash your computer to achieve this?
To do this you would restor it back to factory which means old you programs and documents that have been added will be permatly lost inless you put these files on a usb flash brive or burn them to a cd.
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
I hope you have a Belkin F5D8233 ver :3000 wireless router and you have upgraded the firmware version: 3.01.29.
It's a known issue with this model , only the wired connection will be not be online. Another information when you connect the computer in the 1st LAN slot you will have internet connection but not with other 3 LAN slot on the router. To fix this please follow these steps,
1. Log into the Belkin router setup page (http://192.168.2.1) in a wired computer .
2. In the left hand side under the heading Utilities? click on save/backup settings
3. When its asking for password to login leave it blank and click on submit.
4. Click on save to save the settings of the router in the Desktop
5. Then again under Utilities? click on restore factory defaults and then click restore defaults button, to restore the settings of your router to factory settings.
6. Then Under Utilities click on restore previous settings and select the file where you saved it and click on restore settings.
Then automatically you will be able to go online both wired and wireless.
I'm sure this would work. If it does work then please rank me and give me a testimonial
Thanks in Advance!
Jan 03, 2011 | Routers
Nov 17, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Jun 29, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Jun 28, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Dec 19, 2009 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Sep 30, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Aug 13, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Apr 15, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 26, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Feb 24, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: