Question about LaCie Hard Disk 1TB Desktop with Hi-Speed USB2.0 USB 2.0 Hard Drive
I cant make it work it was working just fine and stoped dont know why . is there anythink i can reset it or make it run again , nothink happen when i coonnect to pc at usb port
Best is to take it to the shop you bought it from. they will replace it. ask them to transfer the data to the new one. the chances are they might do it.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
it may be like the one i have which is a maxtor basics 1.5tb drive. There is only one screw behind the sticker. The rest is clips. This is the guide i used when opening the case.
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
SOURCE: can't reconize maxtor basic
Here is the support website for the Maxtor....>
You will find drivers and things here....
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
DO NOT PLACE IN A FREEZER !
THIS IS VERY OLD ADVICE FOR VERY OLD TYPES OF HARD DRIVES THAT ARE NO LONGER EVEN MADE. A FREEZER CAN CAUSE MORE DAMAGE.
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
What do you mean by factory settings. From the factory, the drive came just formatted with no data on it. If you want that then format the drive in WIndows. My Computer->Select the drive that is Maxtor, right click it and in the box that opens format is one of the options. Select and follow instructions.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2009 | Maxtor MaxAttach NAS 3000 40 GB Network...
Aug 11, 2009 | Maxtor OneTouch III Turbo Edition...
Aug 03, 2009 | Maxtor Basics Personal Storage 3200 Hard...
Jul 06, 2009 | Maxtor Shared Storage II N01R010 1 TB USB...
Jun 24, 2009 | Maxtor Personal Storage 3200 (U01E200) 200...
Jun 06, 2009 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Jan 03, 2009 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Oct 13, 2008 | Maxtor Personal Storage 3200 (M1227310)...
May 27, 2008 | Maxtor Personal Storage 3200 (U01E200) 200...
859 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: