Question about Relisys TL 766 Monitor
Well the like, dipslay menu is always showing i have managed to move it and make its kind of translucent so i can deal with stuff but it still really bugs me.. i have tried my monitor with another computer and its still there its driving me crazy! please help! thanks in advance
I have a Dell E171FPB monitor that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2014 | LG 32WL30MS-B 32" Edge LED LCD Monitor -...
Sep 27, 2012 | Computer Monitors
Aug 03, 2011 | Samsung SyncMaster 920NW Monitor
Jan 14, 2011 | Acer Computer Monitors
May 04, 2010 | Acer X203H bd Monitor
Aug 18, 2009 | Lenovo ThinkVision L151p (Black) 15 inch...
Aug 04, 2009 | Samsung SyncMaster 753S 17" CRT Monitor
Apr 06, 2009 | Dell Computer Monitors
Jun 09, 2008 | LG L1915S 19" LCD Monitor
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: