Question about Relisys TL 766 Monitor
Well the like, dipslay menu is always showing i have managed to move it and make its kind of translucent so i can deal with stuff but it still really bugs me.. i have tried my monitor with another computer and its still there its driving me crazy! please help! thanks in advance
I have a Dell E171FPB monitor that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2015 | Acer Tablets & eReaders
Apr 10, 2011 | Cell Phones
Nov 13, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 22, 2009 | Nokia N95 Cellular Phone
Mar 31, 2009 | Coby MP-610 MP3 Player
Mar 06, 2009 | LG KU990 Viewty
Jan 05, 2009 | Cell Phones
Dec 07, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 03, 2008 | Sony KDF-E50A10 50 in. LCD HDTV
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: