Question about HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: error msg on a c7280 hp printer
I had this exact same problem and it is truly frustrating! I finally stumbled on this link with a solution. The problem really is that when you make a custom size envelope you measure the envelope as you look at it for height and width, then you stick it in the printer with the longest side of the envelope against the long side of the printer tray, thus the printer is reading the dimensions of the paper in reverse of your custom size. Reverse your dimensions in the custom size set up and try again. This worked for me. Here's the link to the message I read that finally helped me to figure this out:: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Printing&thread.id=4369
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
1. Press and hold "left arrow" key
2. Press the "setup" key and release both keys
3. Press and release the "OK" button
4. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. 2. Press and release the “OK” button.
5. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
6. Press and release the “OK” button.
7. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
8. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
9. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
10. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
11. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
12. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
13. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
14. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
15. If the error is still there, or reoccurs the printer is already defective.
1. Press the On button to turn the printer off.
2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
3. Remove all the ink cartridges.
4. Wait two minutes.
5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.
6. Press the On button to turn the printer on.
7. Install the ink cartridges when prompted.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Mar 10, 2010
This means there's a failure in your printer's pump motor.
If you are still under warranty, contact HP's Customer Service here : http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html
If not, you can try your local computer store for a check-up but they'll probably suggest a new printer.
Hope this helped.
Please rate :)
Posted on Mar 04, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2011 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Mar 04, 2011 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Nov 02, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Jul 21, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 18, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart C5150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 13, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
May 13, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!